Is the Panasonic px70 available in silver?

Whilst I like the gloss black component of the current TV's the matt black area makes it look like a cheap piece of kit.

Is this TV available in Silver like the older px60?

Thanks

yetanotherbob

NO

Bob

Black Adder

Whilst I like the gloss black component of the current TV's the matt black area makes it look like a cheap piece of kit.

Thanks

No, but you can get some spray paint from Halfords and do a custom job.

Some people think the screen itself should be left unsprayed, but opinion is divided.

CHFels

No, but you can get some spray paint from Halfords and do a custom job.

Some people think the screen itself should be left unsprayed, but opinion is divided.

My wife liked the silver of the PX60s better too. So we got one, and saved €100. No purple snakes (thank goodness), and better connectivity - if you can still find one in stock somewhere, you can get a bargain. I'd stay away from the Halfords can . . .:rotfl:

CHFels

b1g1an

Thanks

I was dubious too but when it's at home, away from the harsh shop lighting the cheapness disappears and the contrast between gloss and matt looks really classy. The silver spray job on the older models goes in the opposite direction.

Jason56d

I know it was about 2 weeks ago, but Argos in Watford town centre, had a 42PX60 (ex-display) up for £700 (i think). I noticed it because I thought it was a bit steep and then they wanted you to pay for the cabinet as well!!! I've got a PX70 and it's black and lush, and I love it!!:cool:

Bagger

Thanks

You mean the cab. This was my oppinion too.

I bought just the panel and paired it with an Alpason AG94 stand HERE

IMO it now looks great

CHFels

I was dubious too but when it's at home, away from the harsh shop lighting the cheapness disappears and the contrast between gloss and matt looks really classy. The silver spray job on the older models goes in the opposite direction.

Beg to disagree! I always thought the silver Pannys looked cheap and plasticky in the stores, next to all-black models. But once in the home it doesn't look bad or cheap at all, and certainly darkens the room a lot less than the 2001 monoliths. :rotfl:

CHFels

b1g1an

Don't take offense, I didn't mean they look cheap just a bit more painted and plasticky than the black ones. Anyway, if we all liked the same things etc etc

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom