1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the NW-HD5 really worth it?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by captainnorth, Jul 18, 2005.

1. captainnorth

captainnorth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone
    Can anybody answer my question? Is the NW-HD5 really worth it?
    I've been toying with the idea of buying one for a while now but I've noted that many people have complained about the cracks on the unit, especially the silver model. Is it therefore still worth buying? Is the black model better? Is the volume limit easy to change?
    Answer(s) :smashin: to my question(s) I have to find.
    Thanking you all for you guidance in advance.
    All the best
    Captain North

2. rockon

rockon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would say it is worth every penny, I have had the black one for three weeks, no cracks and have just bought my wife the silver model. The volume level is easy to change in the service mode.

rockon.

3. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you say is it worth it what (if you are) are you comparing it too? Amazon are selling HD5s at £180. What can you get an ipod for? We're generally looking at over £200?

This has made me wonder if any MP3 player really worth it? Will it last longer than a £50 CD play.....probably not.

Makes me wonder if my HD3 is really worth it- (my first mp3 player), I have used a sony CD walkman for 5 years with no faults. can't see my mp3 player at 3 times the price lasting as long :thumbsdow Also i think my life has become more stressful shouting at sonic stage and other software then carrying around a few CDs! PLUS battery life is better on CD walkman.

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Yep, I'd say it's totally worth it. I'd be really p'ed off with the cracks if I'd bought the silver one, but I was also much more annoyed at all the scratched that collected on the back of my iPod.

5. Pyrobob83

Pyrobob83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say the HD5-H is a better value. An extra 10 gig for 30 quid... Plus it doesn't have the whole cracking buttons issue. SS does suck @$$, but if you get the vaio transfer software, you can just drag and drop as mp3s. If you want to convert to ATRAC though, you gotta use SS. :suicide:

6. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    Are you Yoda?

;)

7. PollMak

PollMak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

...it is...worth it,
    if you want a small player,
    that looks great,
    has easy navigation,
    sound fantastic,
    has the best battery life out there.

Basically all the things you want in a portable player. Sure SS is not brilliant, but I only use the software to transfer. My player is mostly connected to my ears and not my PC.

Think Diffrent ...
    Get the HD5

(lol if you get the irony there)