1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Nokia 221T sensitive ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by 9designs, May 5, 2003.

1. 9designs

9designs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it good on low signal strength, as a Daewoo “Setpal” tuner works fine, is the Nokia as good as a "setpal" unit.

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 221T is allegedly "almost as sensitive as the Setpal models". But the only real test is to borrow one and try it. Mine seems pretty good. BTW, it's especially important to use double-shielded cable in a weak signal area.

Fman.

3. media guy

media guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Setpals use a different chip that has been made for low signal strength areas but the Nokia is very good as this show

Analogue Vs. Digital Reception

4. 9designs

9designs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good News !

Just picked up a 221T from Currys (£129), plugged it in and it found 35 TV channels and load of radio ones, I guess that’s a full house !

The signal strength meter hovers at the top of the yellow/bottom of the green. I assume this is an average of all the channels. The Setpal based Daewoo showed strength per “mux” group, which was handy, though I’m not sure how accurate it was as it read 0 on some groups but still worked ! ( I use CT100 through out, with one break for the booster in the loft)

Picture quality seems about the same.

Sound though is very good, I’m using the PCM digital out to my Yamaha DSPE800.

Software version is current level as per the Nokia website ( 1.1.2) and the menus seems to work nicely.

Time will tell if I loose signal with weather changes etc.

All in all pretty happy, just need some decent programmes or films to come on now.

Steve T

5. DJM

DJM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    the 221t signal strength meter is per channel. Look at a BBC channel, then compare the strength to an ITV channel. You will probably see the difference then.