1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Monitor Audio Bronze B4 system an alternative to a 7.1 system?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Paul Howles, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Paul Howles

Paul Howles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read somewhere that if you switch the wiring on the rear speakers of this package they become dipolar and perform the same function as a 7.1 system. Is this possible, or have I misunderstood?

2. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure I really understand your question. You are correct that the BFX speakers can be switched from bi-polar to di-polar but this is more to do with personal taste than anything else. Some people prefer the wide soundfield generated by bi-polars, others prefer the slightly out of phase effect of di-poles.

If you want a 7.1 system get 2 monopole rear speakers for the surround back channel, provided you have a suitable amp then off you go.

3. Paul Howles

Paul Howles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I have'nt replied sooner Mike , but I've been away. Thanks for your reply. I thought that I could cut down on the amount of speakers for the rear effects, but I now know that I can't. I think I'll have to go for a discrete sat/sub system rather than full size speakers.