Is The LG RZ42PX11 Any Good, New Member Needs Help Please!!

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by jimmyidle, Apr 14, 2005.

1. jimmyidle

jimmyidle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: Hi. This is my first venture into the plasma market and also my first time in a forum, still not sure how they work. I found this site when looking for reviews on plasmas. I have a budget of £1400 so have been looking at the LG RZ42PX11. Can any one who's got one of these let me know how good it is ie on TV, Freeveiw and DVD. I have seen a lot of mixed reveiws so would like to hear from someone that has one. From looking at a lot of post's I would just like to say I can't put any more to my budget and get a Panny!! Hope to Hear form someone. Thanks

2. JML

JML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sound the sirens, man the trenches, seconds out round 999 :D

I would search the forum to see some of the lively debates that have been carried out in the past :)

3. jimmyidle

jimmyidle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds interesting I'll have another search

4. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Possibly the best cheap plasma is the LG mate, or for a few hundred more you could get a Panasonic...... it's all down to personal taste.... but stay away from TINY....

It's a long process looking through the forums mate, hope this helps....

http://www.hometheatermag.com/directviewandplasmatvs/205lg/

and all the LG info you ever need (just start at the end and work back) -

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138556&goto=newpost

Also see this thred for cables and setup mate - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203418

I purchased all mine through - http://www.tvcables.co.uk/

5. yorkiepudd

yorkiepudd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I am on day3. I still dont understand the manual (in fact I think it translates better in Italian than English).

The tweaks on here will certainly give you a good starting point, but ultimately, each set is unique and patience is a virtue.

The LG was the best I could afford. Fortunately, the set is far better than the translation in the manual. I am still learning most of it, there is a lot of features that I will never use, there are features that I think could have been designed a lot better (unless I just ain't found out how to work it yet - for example, having to go through the rotation of PIP > DW1 > DW2 > normal why can't you just go PIP > normal).

The acid test is the answers to these 3 questions....

1) Do I now feel a sense of anti-climax NO
    2) Do I think it is worth the money YES
    3) Would I buy it again tomorrow YES

6. jimmyidle

jimmyidle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. Are you impressed with the picture. I saw one this evening and got them to put on a dvd I took, and even though they only rigged it up with a cheap scart it still looked pritty good to me. I think with the budget I've got I can't really go wrong with th LG. Would still like to hear from some more owners befor I part with my cash though. Cheers.

7. skunk123punk

skunk123punk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Jimmyidle,I've said it before on these forums but before I purchased the LG I did plenty of research on Plasma's, the only reason I considered buying one was because my brother purchased a PW7 and after being blown away by the sheer size and quality and also seeing that the price had come down since my brother first considered buying a plasma I was intent on getting the PW7. I called into a few retailers and would admit that the LG I saw in almost all of these outlets was not even worth consideration. Until I called into well known retailer in Stoke on Trent and there They had a demo DVD running on both the LG and the PW7 which was next to the LG. I can honestly say that the PQ of this LG was spot on, very compariable with the Panny. Apart from the PQ the other thing that I noticed was that the LG did not have the "Flatron" logo above the top left corner of the screen, and after reading on these forums about the newer firmware revisions and improvments made to the newer models I took the plunge and purchased the LG from Comet on-line and now after over 200 hours of use for watching Sky+, DVD's, PS2,Xbox and PC via DVI can say without hesitation that I made the right choice. Even my brother (who has the PW7) comments on how good the PQ is. So in answer to your question, the LG is superb, it cannot be faulted

Go for it

Good Luck

Skunk

8. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    i remember the old flatron logo debate lol
    well mines a good ver 3.09 with the flatron plasma logo, and apparentley new ones do not have logo but just the other day in currys in coventry they had lg panel without the logo on ver 3.09!
    so i think itts random if ur panel got the logo, prob some lazy or joker workers in the factory tryin to amuse themselves maybe???

9. yorkiepudd

yorkiepudd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The picture, I thought, was pretty good straight out of the box. The tweaks I found on here def. make it better, but I am holding judgement on the AV/PC mode bit.

Sky is great, esp on the higher def. channels... some, inc. ITV are a little 'blurry' round the edges. DVD is fantstic once you get the contrast right (I am using low power mode). I have just spent the afternoon switching constantly between analogue/digital terrestrial and to be honest, apart from true wide screen and a little bit more crispness on the graphics, I am finding it hard to see a difference. I have yet to watch a 'live' sports event, though I did record speedway of SS2 but as I had the Panny on EP the quality wasn't that great anyway - so that decision is to come.

The only negative point so far is the credits on programmes drive me crazy - I can't help looking at them even though it is obvious the panel is struggling to keep up with them, but I don't usually sit watching credits anyway :rotfl:

Hope this helps

Ade

10. jimmyidle

jimmyidle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to all of you above for you help. I am now ready to take the plunge into plasma with what sounds like a great screen at a great price. Will post how I get on when it arrives. When I looked at the one at the store they diden't have the remote, are there more options and controlls on it?? Thanks again