Is the KC62 the best match for my LS50 Meta's ???

lewis1962

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Complete newbie, please be gentle !

I have ordered a pair of LS50 Meta's and a Bluesound Powernode and need a subwoofer to go with them.

Us the KC62 the best match ???

I've also been recommended products from REL, BK, SVS etc. but am open to suggestions.

Appreciate your help

You would be paying a premium for getting a small but powerful subwoofer that has been designed to complement the LS50's.

Personally there are better performing subs at half the price that can do as good or better from the makes you already mentioned.
BK and SVS and also REL but these will all be larger than the diminutive KC62.

Look at BK XXLS400 REL 1205 and SVS SB1000 pro or even SB2000 pro

Thank you, I will be using this system for music only. I've contacted REL and BK, BK recommended the Double Gem, I'm waiting to hear back from REL.

That's fine the double Gem is a decent sub not in the class of those I suggested but fine for the job you want to do at much less than the KC62.:)

Cheers, I'll see what REL come back with. I'd be happy to pay up to £700-£800 but £1400 for the KC62 seems a lot of dough

I agree don't pay more than £700-800 for a subwoofer in the sort of class you are looking at.

Hi,

Complete newbie, please be gentle !

I have ordered a pair of LS50 Meta's and a Bluesound Powernode and need a subwoofer to go with them.

Us the KC62 the best match ???

I've also been recommended products from REL, BK, SVS etc. but am open to suggestions.

Appreciate your help

REL is going to come back with the T range recommendations which is their "hifi" range. There is the soon to be discontinued T9i available cheaper or T9x which is rather expensive. Also T9i red edition if you want to shock the Mrs.

From BK the model XXLS400 has been forum favourite for over 10years for music listening. Better than Double Gem. Two driver orientations to choose from, different dimensions.

Is there much xtra about the T9X compared to the T9i

New cabinet with different shape, same amps i believe, new driver but mostly same performance. So not dramatic change and the price is quite ridiculous at 1300£. 879£ is too much for T9i too.

Now that i look other sites were selling T9i for 699£ you shouldn`t pay 879£ for it! Show the link for PT if you are intrested of the T9i model.

While KEF have designed the KC62 to partner the LS50 Wireless, it doesn’t mean it is the ultimate subwoofer for them, or the passive Meta. Generally, the better the sub you use, the better the results. Their KF92 will produce better performance partnered with LS50s, but that may be pushing the budget for many who have spent half that on a pair of speakers. There’s plenty of subs out there or all different shapes and sizes, as well as performance levels. Some will suit some rooms better than others, and some might need a certain level of subwoofer to produce good results in a large room.

I've got the same dilemma. Marantz PM7000n and LS50 (non-Meta as these were annoyingly announced a measly few months after my purchase), and just seems a tad bright. I only here the bass when i'm sitting directly in front of my speakers. I don't want a sub the size of an ottoman, something subtle enough to counteract the highs, small and compact to sit hidden away under by records cabinet. I would love the KC62 but that price point is sooooo ridiculous. For £1,400, i could but a better amp, or a mediocre sub and so much more vinyl! What do people think about the Cambridge Audio Minx X201, or the Bowers & Wilkins ASW608? They both are under the 25cm height i'm looking for.

I've got the same dilemma. Marantz PM7000n and LS50 (non-Meta as these were annoyingly announced a measly few months after my purchase), and just seems a tad bright. I only here the bass when i'm sitting directly in front of my speakers. I don't want a sub the size of an ottoman, something subtle enough to counteract the highs, small and compact to sit hidden away under by records cabinet. I would love the KC62 but that price point is sooooo ridiculous. For £1,400, i could but a better amp, or a mediocre sub and so much more vinyl! What do people think about the Cambridge Audio Minx X201, or the Bowers & Wilkins ASW608? They both are under the 25cm height i'm looking for.

ASW608 is 26cm tall without feet. Peter Tyson has very low price for it 389£.

If you could consider slightly taller sub then REL T5i at 31,7cm incl. feet. This is also on sale now as new Tx range was introduced. REL has also high level connection (Neutrik).

Either of these two over the CA Minx!

I can heartily recommend the KC62 to compliment the Powernode (2021) & LS50 Meta's. I have had this exact setup for around a month now and I am thoroughly satisfied and the listening experience is awesome. Yes, it's an expensive sub (for it's size) but for music listening it really works so well

I have a velodyne SPL 1200 ultra for sale, almost £1900 new and they still sell them new today. I’m after £650. If that interests you. It’s a good size too!

Here’s a review:

I had a REL T7i and the velodyne wiped the floor of the Rel, so I sold my T7i. Only now I’m selling the velodyne as I’ve bought a Rel studio 2.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom