Is the JZ1500 or JZ2000 a huge upgrade from the GZ950 (2019)?

NatureFriends

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am firmly a Panasonic fan because my priorities are cinematic authenticity and Panasonic does that best.

I have read reviews of both the TX-65JZ2000B and TX-65JZ1500B OLED TVs but this is a question for those who own/have owned the three TVs or know people who have.

I want to upgrade my 55” Panasonic GZ950 TX-55GZ950B OLED because it doesn’t have the very latest technology - mainly 2.1 ports and also want to increase the size of the screen to 65” soon.

I primarily use my OLED for watching nature documentaries and movies in 4K Ultra HD on both disc and digital streaming.

The main areas I would love to get insight on regarding improvements are picture quality, brightness, contrast and judder levels and whether the screen can handle quick movement without creating the blurry effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all.

I am firmly a Panasonic fan because my priorities are cinematic authenticity and Panasonic does that best.

I have read reviews of both the TX-65JZ2000B and TX-65JZ1500B OLED TVs but this is a question for those who own/have owned the three TVs or know people who have.

I want to upgrade my 55” Panasonic GZ950 TX-55GZ950B OLED because it doesn’t have the very latest technology - mainly 2.1 ports and also want to increase the size of the screen to 65” soon.

I primarily use my OLED for watching nature documentaries and movies in 4K Ultra HD on both disc and digital streaming.

The main areas I would love to get insight on regarding improvements are picture quality, brightness, contrast and judder levels and whether the screen can handle quick movement without creating the blurry effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello - I have a JZ2000 and I also have a GZ950 - both TVs have the same menu and similar functions - the picture is similar - if you buy a JZ in the picture you will not get any improvement - I expected the JZ2000 sound much better but I'm disappointed - didn't play like an av receiver

I have the JZ2000 & GZ2000. Both calibrated and both look stunning, however there is a difference. As good as the GZ2000 is, the Jz2000, has more depth, upscaling is better, giving you greater detail and better mid tones, colours are more refined and richer.The image is like looking through the window and combined with an improved HDR tone mapping which retains more details in specular highlights. I would highly recommend it!

One more thing. All of my OLEDS have been Panasonics from the EZ to JZ and this is by far the best TV I’ve owned.

You might see some banding at first when you first turn on the screen so make sure you allow the TV to run in for at least 600-700 hrs, not the 250 hours that is recommended before calibration. There something about the panasonic algorithm that causes the screen to keep drifting with the colours, after 600-700 hrs, depth, brightness, sharpness improves and then stabilises and banding is practically gone.

Sony QD-OLED would be a more appropriate upgrade. Hopefully Panasonic releases one next year

I have the JZ2000 & GZ2000. Both calibrated and both look stunning, however there is a difference. As good as the GZ2000 is, the Jz2000, has more depth, upscaling is better, giving you greater detail and better mid tones, colours are more refined and richer.The image is like looking through the window and combined with an improved HDR tone mapping which retains more details in specular highlights. I would highly recommend it!

One more thing. All of my OLEDS have been Panasonics from the EZ to JZ and this is by far the best TV I’ve owned.

You might see some banding at first when you first turn on the screen so make sure you allow the TV to run in for at least 600-700 hrs, not the 250 hours that is recommended before calibration. There something about the panasonic algorithm that causes the screen to keep drifting with the colours, after 600-700 hrs, depth, brightness, sharpness improves and then stabilises and banding is practically gone.
Is this really so? What about the filmmakers mode then, it is supposed to be accurate out of the box, and reviews have proven this to be true. If there is color drifting, will the filmmakers mode need calibration after a year or so of watching? Also the 600-700 hours needed to get rid of the possible banding seems a long time..?

Is this really so? What about the filmmakers mode then, it is supposed to be accurate out of the box, and reviews have proven this to be true. If there is color drifting, will the filmmakers mode need calibration after a year or so of watching? Also the 600-700 hours needed to get rid of the possible banding seems a long time..?
Filmmaker mode is the most accurate out the box but it’s no where near as accurate as getting it professionally calibrated. And trust me I’ve had all the panasonic oled since the very first one and they only settle down about 600-700 hrs.If you want to calibrate at 250 hrs then that’s ok but it will drift again, happen to me on all of them, even my calibrator was surprise when he had to recalibrate again

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom