1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the JVC PD42DX6 a PV500?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by blackeyepurple, Sep 25, 2005.

1. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really getting fed up waiting for my PV500 to come in and wondered if you guys could shed any light on this subject. If i,m not mistaken Panasonic owns JVC? and the PD42DX6 has an HD read 1024x768 screen.....so is this a Panasonic G8 panel in a different case? Saw the set in town yesterday (JVC) and liked the look of it. There doesn't seem to be much info about it on the web or on here. Thanks for your help people.

2. psychobod

psychobod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not much mentioned on these forums, either . . . anyone out there know any intrinsic problems with this TV?

I too am getting fed up with the wait, and have started looking around - 1700 for a 42" TV seems too little money for something comparible to the PV500 . . .

Any news or views?

3. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. martinthorn

martinthorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do a search on my username.. I have one of these JVC tvs, great picture quality. Got it from here :

http://ws3.homecinematv.co.uk/productlist.php?cda=productlist&sgroup=PLASMA.TELEVISION&pg=2

maybe the glass is the same as the PV500, but the processing is definitely different. For a start the JVC only supports 3 out of 4 Hi-def resolutions (no 720p/50Hz. Also has proprietary JVC processing such as d.i.s.t.

Martin