is the JVC AV32T5 Widescreen any good?

R

rphemp

This TV seems to be available at a reasonable price.

Any knowledge on its reliability and picture?

I use Sky+, and watch mostly cricket and football but not many DVDS or films.

hi can ne1 answer this question. im also thinkin of buyin this . wats the pq like cuz i reli like it in black lol:cool:

I found the picture dark and it blacked out a lot of the detail in the background.
Not great for me, I couldnt recommend it.

thanx m8.
iz dere ne1 else who bought this telly an can give an opinion?
all help appreciated

I too am looking closely at the this TV

Thanks Newton for your input.

Might i just ask if have seen the set on display in more than one shop, and was it the same in them all (or was it in someones home). Like many others I have found that asessing the PQ from sets on display in comet etc is a very hit and miss affair.

Could it have been the cool (green) default colour setting that made the picture dark?

Thanks in advance.

blu

hi i have this tv - actually i think it's the AV32H5 model which is the same but 100hz. i love it. great picture. everyone who has seen it has commented on how good it is. i'm very happy with it for the price. i was weary of buying jvc - never had one before but no worries there :thumbsup:

It seems to be common with the JVCs, its the way the TVs are set up at the factory.

I also found my HV-32P37 picture contrast too high, making the detail on dark areas poor. Adjusting the contrast/brightness settings in the service menu, as described in a thread on here, made the PQ superb. :smashin:

sparky_paul said:
I also found my HV-32P37 picture contrast too high, making the detail on dark areas poor. Adjusting the contrast/brightness settings in the service menu, as described in a thread on here, made the PQ superb. :smashin:

Is that something that's hard to do? (link?)

Have you tried a 360 on this set? I've got a 32D40 arriving on friday and am a little worried about these scrolling lines i've heard about when using progressive at 60hz.

Got one recently and love it for the money - wipes the floor (not surprisingly!) with the Matsui monstrosity I had before. I don't find the picture dark - in fact, I find the picture crisp and vibrant, with great colours (especially given it's only £250).

newton - Look at your Sky box too - mine has a picture setting that you can set to 'bright' if that helps

No, not surprisingly it's the 28" version. :oops:

Sorry if I got you excited! Thought I'd post my comments, however, as both models obviously share the same basic characteristics.

By the way, service menu accessed via + [mute] simultaneously. Contrast etc easy enough to set. Also has a Bright picture mode in the normal menu should that suffice.

Get someone to help carry it if you opt for the 32", by the way...

I have posted this info on another thread but just to give feedback to rphemp and anyone elso looking at this thread. I will repeat myself here.

Just had my JVC32T5SK telly for 2 days. Great picture, vibrant colours, no noticable geometry problems. Just changed a couple of the defaults, i.e. Colour Temp from COOL to NORMAL and for my non digital viewing I changed the 4:3 auto aspect setting from PANORAMIC (why???) to 14:9 ZOOM.

It looks great on the stand.

The sound is OK. If you want big sound use a surround sound system.

One moan probably to other manufacturers as well. For analogue viewing, why can't they have a 14:9 setting that fills the screen top and bottom (not the sides as well obviously), the zoom chops of the top and bottom.

blu

The definition of 14:9 is that it zooms the picture so that it fills more of the screen losing some of the top and bottom of the picture. If you dont want it to do this the setting is "Regular" on my old JVC.

You do have larger borders at the sides, but I hardly notice them anymore. With more and more stuff being widescreen now it will start to be a worry of the past, except if they keep showing simpsons repeats on sky one, lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom