Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Is the IXOS PS2 s-video lead my best bet?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Joolz, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Joolz

Joolz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I'm looking to get a new lead for my PS2, but there seems to be a whole variety of products and prices out there.

What's a good lead to go for? I went to PC World yesterday and they had about 5 different models from £5 to £25 from MadCatz and some other manufacturers. I am currently using the standard component lead out of the PS2 box but am sure that if I use the S-Video connector that's available on my telly I'll get a sharper picture, and as it's a 36" W/S TV I need the best picture I can get :D No option for SCART as they're all taken up already.

Any recommendations appreciated, and places to go get them (online or not). I've seen the IXOS XPP03-200 out there but it's scary expensive (but I'm sure it will look great hanging out the front of my telly! - Is it worth the extra? The cheapest I've seen it is £26 +£6p&p from www.hifistore.co.uk :eek:

Also, am I right in thinking 2phono+s-video is automatically better than 3 phono?

cheers
    Joolz

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Provided you mean composite video, yeah.:smashin: