• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is the Hills have eyes 2006 for scaryier that Wolf creek ?

jamieuk23

Banned
Hi I am going a way camping today with my my mrs and my siter and her fellor. gonna take me laptop with me for us to watch a scary movie in the tent at night to hopefully put every one on a para trip :thumbsup:

any way I have seen wolf creek my self and for me was the most scariest movie I have proberly seen, Just wondering if the movie the hills have eyes is a scary film ?? (2006) or even scaryier than Wolf creek

:thumbsup:

addyb

Distinguished Member
jamieuk23 said:
Hi I am going a way camping today with my my mrs and my siter and her fellor. gonna take me laptop with me for us to watch a scary movie in the tent at night to hopefully put every one on a para trip :thumbsup:

any way I have seen wolf creek my self and for me was the most scariest movie I have proberly seen, Just wondering if the movie the hills have eyes is a scary film ?? (2006) or even scaryier than Wolf creek

Im a huge horror fan and was impressed by wolf creek. However i think hills have eyes remake is miles better. Its certainly tense for the first half and then cranks up a level towards the end. I would go as far to say its the best remake thats been done and has set the bar for how future remakes will be done.

Anyone that isnt impressed by the trailer attack scene or a grisly battle in a house then there is no hope for you!

mrtbag

Prominent Member
I think the actual graphic scenes in Wolf Creek show more blood etc, but The Hills Have Eyes has more of these moments and will definitely cause more uneasy nights of sleep than Wolf Creek.

Jammyb

Prominent Member
If you've bought these films then can I recommend ripping them to your HDD as your battery will last a lot longer playing the this way.

If you're acquiring them by other means then forget I said anything.

jamieuk23

Banned
Jammyb said:
If you've bought these films then can I recommend ripping them to your HDD as your battery will last a lot longer playing the this way.

If you're acquiring them by other means then forget I said anything.

never new that mate, so I take the DVD-rom drive uses more power and battery power. I am hopeing to get some king od socket cable to my tent which I have been told you can rent.

neilmcl

Prominent Member
jamieuk23 said:

Stick to Wolf Creek, I find any horror film thats based, albeit loosely, around factual events has a much better impact. The Hills have Eyes remake was just a typical schlock, Hollywood gore-fest, entertaining but not that great.

phils_wicked

Established Member
Have to say I was dissapointed with both of them. I really want to see a movie that scares me but other than making me "jump" Ive not found anything.

C-Man

Established Member
Have to agree with neilmcl

Wolf Creek you can actually imagine happening.

The Hills Have Eyes, I though was good but typical Hollywood bloodbath.

Wolf Creek should keep them awake all night.

Garrett

Moved from General Chat;)

partyweb

Distinguished Member
uridium said:
Only one film to take on a camping trip and that's Blair Witch Project

Also Blaire Witch 2 as it blurrs the line between movie and real life even better. And will help leave them feeling disturbed and uneasy.

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
uridium said:
Only one film to take on a camping trip and that's Blair Witch Project

this film WILL make you all [email protected] yourselves :devil:

i actually think its a good film contrary to most people :rolleyes:

Toasty

Distinguished Member
rhino2k said:

this film WILL make you all [email protected] yourselves :devil:

i actually think its a good film contrary to most people :rolleyes:

People who dismiss the Blair Witch project as a pants shaky camcorder movie miss the point and miss out on a genuinely scary film.

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
Crustyloafer said:
The Descent is definitely one to watch on a camping trip, very scary.

or a caving trip maybe :eek:

Stoatman

Established Member
If wolf creek was the scariest film you have seen i would be concerned about Hills have eyes, especially with women watching.

True, i have not seen it but have heard reports of rape scenes by zombies and guns being pointed at babies etc. Is it not just on another level to Wolf Creek ? (I saw wolf creek a couple of weeks ago on filmfour)

T800

Prominent Member
There aren't Zombies in it but the raping and the gun pointing does happen. I found it refreshing to have a film that didn't hold back so much.

Haute Tension/Switchblade Romance (UK title) is quite scary and gory, it's got a rural setting. It is a French film but there's only about 3-4 conversations in it anyway. Up until watching this my sister hadn't been scared by anything and she hates foriegn films, she found The Hills have Eyes to be shocking but not scary. She couldn't sleep the night we watched Haute Tension and it gave her nightmares for days.

There's a trailer here for the US release High Tension:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/high_tension/trailer/medium.html

BrianC

Established Member
I have watched The Hills have eyes and didn't find it scary at all, gory yes, scary no.

Stoatman

Established Member
I guess i will have to watch it myself, but as he suggested watching it with the ladies i thought i had better warn him. I have read some horror reviews about ladies crying through the film and turning off etc . There is a few on IMDB

I can recommend "The Descent" though :clap:

T800

Prominent Member
The Descent was a bit gory and they had the mood right but ultimately I didn't find it scarey.

monkeyboy69

Established Member
the hills really isn't scary at all or maybe I'm just dead hard :rolleyes:

in a similar vein though "devils rejects" which I found more shocking

Seth Gecko

retired member
monkeyboy69 said:
the hills really isn't scary at all or maybe I'm just dead hard :rolleyes:
Definitely the former. :)

If you want scares - stick to Asian horror really.

I'd say there were a few tense moments in THHE, but other than that, it was pretty routine.

Stoatman

Established Member
It depends what you want really, there are the scary films, i would class "The descent" in there and things like " The Omen" etc as examples . But then there are films that aren't really scary but more disturbing and you are just shown gross images to try and upset you. I believe THHE is down this road. I love scary films and i can prob watch some with the OH but films such as THHE i will def be watching alone !

Seth Gecko

retired member
Stoatman said:
there are the scary films, i would class "The descent" in there and things like " The Omen" etc as examples .
Really? I thought they weren't scary at all. (I personally think Descent is highly over-rated, but that's another topic for another day).

Even THHE isn't uncomfortable viewing, although I'm a believer that you don't have to see something to be uncomfortable.

If you don't believe me, grab Hard Candy on R1 next month - the pivotal scene will make you squirm :)

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom