• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Is the Epson TW5910 the only sub £1000 PJ for me?

SkyJawa

Hi all

I'm looking for a 3D projector to replace my old Optoma HD800x which is quite generous with its throw specs.

The project sits approx. 5.3m from the screen (which is around 105" IIRC).

I've been looking at the calculators and it seems that the Benq W1070 and the Optoma HD25/HD33 are no use to me at the distances involved.

It looks like the Epson just squeezes in.

Anyone know any other options I might have overlooked?
Thanks
Neil

AMc

Distinguished Member
FWIW when I got my first projector a good few years ago a combination of a small(ish) space for the screen, high ceiling and long throw restricted my choice to 1 in my price range.
It's not something you worry about after the fact as long as the machine has the features you want and you've done your sums on the throw/screen size.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom