1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the DS any good and how much would I get for this.

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by tony kop77, Mar 12, 2005.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I am thinking of buying a DS and wanted to know are they anygood and are the controls easy.
    I have
    Spiderman 2 xbox
    Full Spectrum warriour xbox
    TOCCA 2 xbox
    Rallisport challenge 2 xbox
    Rainbow six xbox
    Splinter cell 2 xbox
    Manhunt xbox

GBA not the sp one

Doom 3
    Simms 2
    Max payne 2
    Sim City 3000
    Revoloution

How much would I get if I traded it for a DS roughly. I have a PSP but I like mario 64 and the above games I have hardly played as I have a few games and dont know what to play.

2. stormyuklondon1

stormyuklondon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    personally, i find it a bit too small, its very uncomfortable to use after about 30 mins. also, ive heard of a couple that have got dead pixels in the screens(ours has a dead pixel in the upper screen). havent had time to take it back for replacement yet, so try and have a look before you buy:)

3. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    Myself and my girlfriend got ours yesterday, so far pretty impressed to be honest. Great that you can play multiplayer games (on some releases such as Mario 64) from just one cart :) .
    Also I like the way the stylus works with Metroid Prime DS, finally a good alternative to the ol' keyboard and mouse, I never could play console FPS before this (not that I'm any better at the game than usuall ;) )
    Finnaly, the prospect of the recently confirmed (free) online play due latter this year is enough to make it a keeper of a purchase for me, 8 player online MarioKart DS anyone? :thumbsup:

Will probably buy a PSP aswell when it gets its UK release, I like both handhelds for their different strengths.