Is the DLC ever going to improve?

Discussion in 'Xbox One Rocksmith' started by gingerninja72, Jan 29, 2009.

1. gingerninja72

gingerninja72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I've just got World Tour and while I am loving it, the song selection is IMO the worst of any guitar game so far by a mile. Having seen page after page of great Rock Band DLC, is GH ever going to catch up and put some decent stuff on there? There is next to nothing I'd be willing to part with my cash for so far.

If it wasn't for the drums, I'd defect to Rock Band in a flash

2. Lezman

Lezman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +448
    Why don't you buy Rock Band 2, import the Rock Band 1 songs and have the best of both worlds with 140 odd extra songs for £40?

3. oasismark

oasismark
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,714
    There's no need to have a preferance, buy both games, certainly now all the intruments are cross-compatible.

I much prefer RB2, for interface, sound quality, world tour mode, and amount of songs, but i still have GH:WT, if only to play the oasis album (out today).

4. gingerninja72

gingerninja72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I've got Rock Band 1. Guess I'm just being fussy in that I prefer the drum set up for GH:WT - ie the cymbals. I just find it strange that the Rock Band DLC is so good, but GH is so embarassingly bad.

5. treaclesponge

treaclesponge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, there are so many songs that seem to be missing yet none are available to download. The ones that are there are so expensive it puts me off.

6. UselessLuke

UselessLuke
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +358
    I'm the same. Barely ever start up GH:WT and when I do it's either to play the Tool tracks or to calibrate the drums. The lack of consistently good DLC is stopping me wanting to spend money on this game. I'd get Death Magnetic if there were enough other good songs around too. Plus, you can't copy songs from GH:Aerosmith to WT, so I'm guessing the same with Metallica. The RB unified music library is a stroke of genius and I wouldn't have it any other way now

7. Lezman

Lezman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +448
    I agree the lack of compatibility with the DLC and various GH games is really annoying. The Death Magnetic DLC (which I got the other day and is superb) will work on GH:Metallica as well as GH:WT but thats it.

I love the unified Rock Band DLC, and the way it integrates into the setlists:thumbsup:

8. UselessLuke

UselessLuke
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Yeah, Death Magnetic will worth with both but that's it. I'd be tempted by GH:Metallica but you can't export it to WT. I don't want to be flicking between 5 different disks when having a GH/RB party with my friends. I've got no problem with band specific games if they're done the way RB: AC/DC is done but I'm not going to spend money on Aerosmith or Metallica, as much as I may love both bands

9. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,188
    I get the feeling Activision's plan is to release a "main" game with mediocre tracks, but ten tempt you with the overly expensive DLC for what you actually want to play, and release "specific" band games very year to milk in extra money (same engine as main game, make more than just selling the DLC on the store).

Their whole attitude seems to be geared to maximise profits, rather than give the gamer the best experience.

10. Captain Speedy

Captain Speedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,033
    Well if that is their plan, it ain't working so far.

11. Spidey987

Spidey987

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I don't think it was their intention to put together a poor setlist for the main game, in fact a lot of the UK press have praised it, so it's absolutely a taste thing. And I don't think it's that bad, just unispiring compared to Rock Band's selection process. There isn't many songs in the game where I've thought "Wow! I'd love to download more songs from this artist" and where there have been (Eagle's Hotel California) the subsequent DLC haven't been up to the same standard.

They do need to pull their finger out but to their defence, they are on a year catch-up and they've given us some nice freebies. I don't think they'll ever surpass Rock Band but I certainly think things will improve over time. Just hopefully sooner rather than later.

12. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,188
    To clarify; I think they tried to "do a Wii" on GH:WT, so not poor intentionally - more to be as casual as possible to appeal to as wide an audience as possible - but poor from the established fanbase, which expected more rock/metal and less Willy Nelson.

The track list seems designed to be wide yet inoffensive; even band names and lyrics are inoffensive. No Suicidal Tendencies, no Lamb of God, even the Ozzie songs are Ozzie, not Black Sabbath - yet every (main) game till now has had Black Sabbath on it, and there are loads of excellent untouched Sabbath left. Make it appeal to mom and pop, and the whole family can sit down for a sing-a-long :rolleyes: The established fanbase was meant to buy the DLC (as rabid brainless cash cows) for what they really wanted.

Which restores a tiny bit of my faith in the average gamer. How we spend is the only way they really listen to us...

This is just my (paranoid) conspiracy theory of course, but how else explain the radical departure of songs lists from GH1/2/3?

13. dave_st185

dave_st185

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I agree but there's a small point - I downloaded Death Magnetic originally to my GH3 game so it works in that and in GHWT, and will work in GH Metallica eventually

If you downloaded it originally in GHWT then I don't know if it will work in GH3 that way - other GHWT downloads don't, like Hendrix, so it's probably just a one off

14. Lezman

Lezman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +448
    Maybe, but surely you download it using the marketplace? I don't think that the game would know what source you originally downloaded it for?

I reckon Death magnetic is a one off- might go someway to explain why it is over 1gb in size:eek:

15. dave_st185

dave_st185

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    It's a while ago but I ususlly end up with the game loading automatically, then using the in game menu option to get to DLC so DM was chosen from a list of available GH3 downloads - WT wasn't out at the time

If you have GH3 see if it picks it up - I'd like to think it should work when downloaded as a GHWT download but I can't check

16. clarinet5000

clarinet5000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Death Magnetic, Dragonforce, and Virtuoso packs are all really good, but other than that, RB DLC is better and will most likely always be better.

17. stubbs99

stubbs99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    The answer appears to be no. Far too much middle of the road rock and unremarkable 'Euro' bands. I feel they also need to try and release more stuff each week. I want to play WT more (gotta get that 1m achievement) but there just isn't enough songs that really interest me.

18. clarinet5000

clarinet5000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 1mil achievement is hard in GHWT but very easy in GH3 (Suicide and Redemption)

19. stubbs99

stubbs99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    It's a million in money in WT - which must rank as one as the most stupid achievements ever. I've only just reached 500,000 in money the other day after owning the game since November, playing all four instruments careers and all DLC on Expert numerous times. On GH:M it is really easy to reach the required amount for the money achievement.

S&R is the best song in GH3 for co-op 1 million though and All Nightmare Long for 750k achievement.

20. clarinet5000

clarinet5000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's rediculously wierd. Anyway, I don't have GHWT so I wouldn't know. I got both of those achievements on those 2 songs, but I got 1.041 mil on One before getting the Metallica DLC.