Is the DLA-X3-B bright enougth for a 150 inch screen also dali speaker's?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Mears1986, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Mears1986

Mears1986
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys im new on here and just wondering if my projector would be bright enougth for a 150 screen also im putting together a new room on an extention i am doing next year. The room size is 6m x 5m internal sizes but it will have an open ceiling with velux windows (with black outs)

I also really like the dali speakers but i want them in wall but there a too pricey for my budget i want the h-120s x 2 i have a zensor centre speaker but cant afford the s-180s or the 280s what would you suggest?

Looking for a setup like this

Thanks
    Jason

Attached Files:

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,573
    'bright enougth' - with a 150" Diagonal, 16:9 screen you are likely going to be wishing you had more light. How far back are you sitting from the Screen.

Loudspeakers - are you aiming for Surround Sound or Immersive audio and how about reaching your ideal layout in stages?

Joe

3. Mears1986

Mears1986
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks for the reply

Im aiming for immersive audio i think i love the feeling of audio all around . I like it loud and quality my farther inlaw has gotten me hooked on the av scene hes got a real great set up. Klipsch floorstanders Epson 4k pj even a butt kicker which i love

I would be sat back roughly 4m+ from the screen no closer and yeah diagonal 150" x 16:9 i was looking at a fixed curved screen ?

My idea is to upgrade the pj over the next 2 to 3 years for a 4k but i want to concentrate on audio first because thats what im more bothered about i know i will have to upgrade my receiver and more than likely get a power amp to run the front left and right.

Im also going to sound proof the room to the best i can although i will have 2 double doors in it which i know its a big no no but i cant do anything about it (the wife haha)

Jason