Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Is the difference worth £1000?.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Trojan, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Trojan

Trojan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,221
    Hi
    I have a sony dav800 all in one at the moment which has served me well for the past 3 years but now the upgrade bug has struck. I am thinking of get the pioneer 812 amp and the Kef 2005.2 speaker package. I know I will notice some difference but any feedback would be great as to how much.

Thank you

2. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I think the difference should be substantial. You are replacing what is basically a lifestyle (emphasis on style) system for proper hifi separates. General consensus is that separates beat all-in-ones (unless you go for high end all-in-ones)

Have you had a demo yet? I would listen to your suggested combination plus a few others. If space is at a premium the Eggs seem to offer good bank per buck. If you can accomodate larger speakers I would suggest auditioning some full size speakers as an alternative. Acoustic Energy (See website), for example, do excellent complete sets of speakers for around the same price as the Eggs. I found they sound fuller and had more depth to them than the Kefs.

Great with music and movies.

Chris