1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the difference worth £1000?.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Trojan, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Trojan

Trojan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,228
    Hi
    I have a sony dav800 all in one at the moment which has served me well for the past 3 years but now the upgrade bug has struck. I am thinking of get the pioneer 812 amp and the Kef 2005.2 speaker package. I know I will notice some difference but any feedback would be great as to how much.

Thank you

2. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    I think the difference should be substantial. You are replacing what is basically a lifestyle (emphasis on style) system for proper hifi separates. General consensus is that separates beat all-in-ones (unless you go for high end all-in-ones)

Have you had a demo yet? I would listen to your suggested combination plus a few others. If space is at a premium the Eggs seem to offer good bank per buck. If you can accomodate larger speakers I would suggest auditioning some full size speakers as an alternative. Acoustic Energy (See website), for example, do excellent complete sets of speakers for around the same price as the Eggs. I found they sound fuller and had more depth to them than the Kefs.

Great with music and movies.

Chris