is the Denon AVC-X3700H futureproof? Have receivers got everything they need for the job they do?

Ash007

Standard Member
How futureproof is Denon AVC-X3700H. As far as I can see it seems to do pretty much everything for my 5.2.1 Atmos setup.

Is there any reason I would put off getting an AVC 3700H to wait for the next model?

Might Receivers have got to a point where they can't really be approved upon because they do everything that a receiver needs to do. Atmos and 4k are going to be with us for a while. It's got eArc and Hdmi 2.1. What else are they going to come up with?
I have a Denon AVR X6200W which I have had for 6 years or so and the AVR X3700 is not vastly different. The addition or eArc and Alexa being the reasons I might upgrade.

Anyone any thought?

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The power difference between the X3700H and X6200H should be noticeable to the ear as the correct replacement will be the X6700H which power wise looks identical. What speaker are you looking to pair with the Denon

As for futureproofing, I don't think anyone can say yes for sure

I know something with PC's use for playing 4k is being removed which could indicate that maybe a change is afoot as its a part of the HDCP, but in reality, it may never effect Blu-ray Players

gibbsy

There are several differences between the X6200 and the X3700 and that's in the quality of the amp circuit and the inclusion of the Advanced Alpha Processing. The X6200 has Mono Block amps which are not on the X3700 and you will find them on the X6700. The X6700 has AL32 and your X6200 has AL24 processing. I found that AL32 made quite an advancement over AL24 when I changed from the X6200 to my current X6500.

However, the X6700 is over double the price of the X3700 and unless you have an urgent desire to change the X6200 I'd hang on to it at least until the summer to watch how prices go.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
How futureproof is Denon AVC-X3700H. As far as I can see it seems to do pretty much everything for my 5.2.1 Atmos setup.

Is there any reason I would put off getting an AVC 3700H to wait for the next model?

Might Receivers have got to a point where they can't really be approved upon because they do everything that a receiver needs to do. Atmos and 4k are going to be with us for a while. It's got eArc and Hdmi 2.1. What else are they going to come up with?
I have a Denon AVR X6200W which I have had for 6 years or so and the AVR X3700 is not vastly different. The addition or eArc and Alexa being the reasons I might upgrade.

Anyone any thought?

X3700H has only one hdmi 2.1 (8k) input so not that future proofed while as example Yamaha has implemented 2.1 to all hdmi connections in the top three Aventage models. X3800H is likely coming later in the year with at least 3 hdmi inputs (8k) like X1700H already has, hopefully they would do the same as Yamaha though. Not sure what else it would have. If future proofing matters you should wait to see the new models or consider Yamaha RX-A4A assuming 5.1.2 is all you need.

Anyone know or heard anything about the 3700 replacement? Should be due soon.
Due to covid and the short supply of chips I heard they are 12-18 months behind on any future model from my local dealer. They also said the price for equivalent model is due to be increased by quite a large amount also.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom