Is the AVC A1SE upgrade still available?

Kane D Williams

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

It's been a long time since I visited this site (been spending loads of money one new PC for music).

Do you know if Denon are still upgrading A1SE? Is it still the same price?

Cheers

Best bet is to give Denon a call. There were more upgrade boards coming in this month but they were already allocated as far as I´m aware. Price should be the same if you have any luck getting the upgrade done.

Here´s Hayden Labs phone number 01753 888447.

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
Are they upgrading Denon Link to Second Edition at same time, or is this only possible with AVC-A1SR ?

As far as I know, the already upgraded A1SE cannot be updated with the Denon Link Second Edition as it doesn´t have the necessary memory available.

gringottsdirect

Have a look at THIS

Seems that there might be an upgrade to the Denon Link SE for the already upgraded A1SE if the Denon engineers can squeeze it into the limited memory.

Don´t think I´ll bother sending mine back again!:rolleyes:

That is interesting, particularly the comment about possibly requiring an upgrade to Denon Link S.E. for SACD playback.
I fancy the idea of DVD-A / SACD connected by digital. ( J.D. and Edgeyboy's concerns noted ).

I see Denon now have SACD players in Japan so maybe a Denon solution is sooner than later.
I was considering buying an upgraded AVC-A1SE.
After much testing of separates I have more or less settled on AVC-A1SR, I need to confirm it won't be updated straight after I unpack mine at home.

For me the Denon Link is a mute point as I don´t have a Denon dvd player. I can understand your concerns though.

In theory it should possible to update the Denon A1 dvd with SACD playback via a firmware update. The chip it uses (ESS Vibrato) had SACD capabilites added to it earlier this year. I don´t know if there are any other technical reasons why it can´t be added though.:confused:

Hayden labs are doing a standby list for people who have missed out, they don't have any boards coming in but I guess they are gauging demand before making a decision. So if you are interested, get your name on the list!.

Hayden labs 01753 888447.

Jeff

my name has been on their list for about 6 weeks now, and was told that i had the second from last out of 6 coming in at the end of november.
not heard anything from them so i hope they have still got me down for one, i'll be really ****ed if they havent. better give them a call monday.

I been on the list since from August they said that boards were coming in november but still waiting so don't hold your breath ..:confused:

boogie man

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom