1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the AE100 getting more reliable?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by petrolhead, Aug 13, 2002.

1. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    As the subject says. I am still looking at buying a replacement for my Sony CS1.

2 things with the Panny

Price against reliability.

Great price but are they getting more reliable? Seems to be less complaints from Panny owners last couple of weeks.

It needs to be a neat size, similar to my Sony. Any suggestions

2. Amelia

Amelia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased one a month or so ago and it seems to be going strong. Two friends of mine also just purchased AE100 (After seening my in action) and no problems.

I am from Australia so I am not sure if our batches are different in any way.

Best Regards
    Amelia

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    i just got my replacement panny which is a july model no power problems but it has a blue open pixel right in the middle of the screen, it is very annoying, if it was at the edge of the screen i would not bother but as it is in the middle of the image it is so distracting, i am trying to get another ptae if i cant get one soon i am going for the panasonic lc55e

4. Joshm74

Joshm74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My mate bought his at the end of July...no probs whatsoever thus far (and we have been using it ALOT!)

Its worth taking out the extended warranty on it anyway - for the extra piece of mind.

5. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    I have april 2002 model

No problems at all with it :)

No flicker, no colour staining and no power supply probs :)

I got a bit worried the other day as When I arrived home from work my wife told me the electricity supply keeps tripping off every 5 minutes or so :(

It took me just over an hour of removing all plugs from sockets, taking sockets off walls and checking for bad earths to locate the problem.

It turned out to be my 6 socket surge protected extension which all my av gear plugs into.
    It has an inline surge protector which can be removed and you can still use without it but obviously without surge protection, or you can replace it when its knackered after a surge.

I dont know if it was a surge that knakered it or if it just went faulty as an audible alarm is supposed to sound when its been hit by a surge but this hasn't happened and it still lights up??

Plug it back in though and electric trips within minutes. Its sealed so i cant open it up to see if there is a loose connection inside.

Anyway while sorting this out my electric supply must off been on and off over 20 times and all I could think of at the time was omg I hope it dont affect the panny!!!

All is fine though Panny not afected at all :)