Question Is the 2018 Q6FN an upgrade to my KS7500?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Adarby5053, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Adarby5053

Adarby5053
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I've been offered a partial refund from Curry's, and this stands at £540 for my orginaor £700 purchase. Either that, or keep that and take a £100 goodwill payment.

I'm pushing for vouchers towards the 49 inch Q6FN at £999, but £920ish after discount.

Would the TV be an upgrade to my 43 inch KS7500 or should I just take the £100?

As a bit of use info, I mainly use it for Netflix and my Xbox One X. I've heard the Q6FN has variable refresh rate support, would this be a significant feature? I'm fairly happy with the KS7500, but if it's a decent upgrade I'm open to going for it. My remote is a bit worn too so the new remote is a bonus.

If anyone has any other suggestions of what I could get around the £1000 mark, feel free. But I'm mainly after sticking with Samsung as I have a Samsung Soundbar and like the remote more than the LG ones.

Thanks for he help guys. And if anyone wants help with returning their TV to Curry's give me a holler.

2. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +598
    It’s not an upgrade. Closest QLED is Q7, that’s what Samsung replaced my ks7500 with.

3. Adarby5053

Adarby5053
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah. Looks like I'm out of look.

Figured I'd push Curry's for the £999.99 Q6FN (49inch). Only have a 43 inch KS7500 so doubt they'd go that far. Not in the position to get the Q7 either which is frustrating.

Would it be a straight up downgrade or just the same? Could live with just a new TV and warranty, but if it's a worse set I think I'll probably just leave it.

4. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +598
    It’d be a downgrade with hdr content. Most everything else they’ll be on a par, with the Q6 offering HLG support (live hdr content)

Can’t really say about VRR and it’s benefits

5. woofaki

woofaki
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    He only has a 43" tho,is HDR as good as the 50+ panels?You just need to see reviews and check if possible.

6. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +598
    The best 43” hdr tv there’s ever been though. The bigger screen will be more immersive, but it’s hdr performance will not be better.