Is the 2 channel audio on the ACRAM 350. Any good?

stum57

Standard Member
Being a moderate but not extreme HI FI enthusiast, has the time come when I can ditch my Naim pre/power amps and Hicap and rely on something like the ARCAM 350 to do both jobs....ie to provide an excellent cinema system but also satisfy my somewhat waning (too many kids:rolleyes: ) audiophile tendancies.
I would certainly wish to listen to most of my CD and Vinyl (still the best!:) ) collection in 2 channel audio not pseudo surround (DVDA and SACD excluded).
Would I be dissappointed?
I know some will say go and listen but direct comparisons with my present sytems are going to be difficult and if I do go down this route my whole sytems wiring and placement will have to change. This would make even a home demo difficult. Both systems would go into top end Epos floorstanding/centre/rear and REL sub.
I have heard rumours that in 2 channel mode the ARCAM sounds rather dull!!!?

Any opinions?

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
The AVR350 in stereo is very good indeed. It is not going to be up to the same standard as your current Naim gear but it is certainly in a class of its own against other AV receivers at any price.

If you really want the best of both worlds then you need to be a bit more realistic with your budget. The Arcam AV9 and P7 are far more likely to satisfy your already discerning ear for longer.

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
if you dont need the video gubbins, i suggest you try the Primare SPA21, that does a lovely job with stereo as well as surround stuff.......it'll probably be about the only integrated surround amp at the price range capable of giving the Arcam 350 a fight ;)

deaf cat

From the little I have heard of the two different makes of amp, I would say the sound presentation/reproduction is quite different.

If you like your Naim sound I would definatly go for a listen somewhere even to get a rough idea as to what Arcam will sound like compaired to Naim.

Might you be able to add your Naim power amps to the 350 - if you feel your lacking the Naim sound....????

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom