• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

is SVS still 'made in USA'?

lienly

Standard Member
back to 2004, as TW first SVS sub user, one important reason I chose SVS over other more famous brands was b/c SVS is 'made in USA'! :) SVS uses many US made components, such as US made drivers, US made cabinets, US made tubes..... then assembled in Ohio factory. thus SVS can put 'made in USA' on carton.

made in USA photo

however, heard from SB12+ and later models, the only US made component is driver b/c SVS starts buying more and more CN made parts to be more competitive,..... therefore SVS can shrink the price gap between normal black textured and piano gross to only US$100. [FYR, by comparison in PB12-plus/PB12-ultra era, piano gross was US$300 over black textured.] thus SVS can NOT put 'made in USA' anymore. is it true? :confused:

FYI, heard SVS EQ is 'made in TW'. :clap:
I prefer US made > TW made > CN made. :hiya:

IronGiant

They are still hand built or assembled (depending on model) in the Ohio factory.

IronGiant

At a guess I assume they make the tube enclosures in the US and the cube enclosures in China?

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom