• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is superman a superhero?

is superman a superhero

• yes

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • yes

Votes: 31 59.6%

• Total voters

KUBBY

Prominent Member
But would his offspring be?

Stephen Carter

AVF Games Reviewer
Just because he has super in his name doesnt mean he is automatically super..... lol nah he is really what with being bulletproof and being able to fly and what not

He is the archetypal superhero!, as for his offspring, well its a hereditary curse...

Nothing that can not be cured by future genome genetics, "If we can't get them out, we'll breed them out!."

Sid

(A thanks to the first person who gets the film, that the above quote is from.)

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
But would his offspring be?

What offspring? Unless he hooks up with Superwoman, he's never going to have any!

To quote a good source;

Brodie Bruce (Mallrats) said:
Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle the sperm? I guarantee he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry his child?

He's an alien for Christ sake! His kryptonian biological makeup is enhanced by Earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan, the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a kryptonite condom . . . and that would kill him

KUBBY

Prominent Member
Thanks Matt_C.

Assuming the possibility of Kryptonian/Human fertilization,the "Mechanics" of impregnation could be overcome.

Would light enter the Womb sufficiently to start the activation of the childs powers before its birth? (given that SM only has his powers under a Yellow sun AND that they didn't develop until after his birth)

Wonder Woman was a fling. I believe he's pushing for the DNA Test.:)

hatchleader

Novice Member
I'm gonna go with no here :eek:

He has powers and he's a hero... but his powers arn't unique within his species, if any Kryptonian landed on earth they would have the same powers! he's just an alien with more power than humans have!

therefore he's an alien not a superhero :smashin: needs to be superHUMAN to be a superhero!

........Or am i just being pedantic???

Last edited:

pxr5

Established Member
What's up with the voting? Yes/Yes - 80.95% and 47.62%.

Anyway it's got to be no, as he is actually not real at all. But I did vote yes lol

rickinyorkshire

Distinguished Member
Of course he is. He is the ultimate super hero. How can 10 people vote no??

:eek:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

Attachments

• vote.JPG
    vote.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

clc.sheff

Distinguished Member
I'm going to be contentious and vote No. He's from another planet and as such is just an alien being who looks like us. If he was one of our lot and got irradiated or mutated in some way then maybe. Plus the fact he can't even put his costume on in the right order.

The other reason is that he's called superman which kind of implies he's looking for it (the kudos that is). If he said 'call me Bob' again I'd consider his application a little less harshly.

I also think he looks like a bit of a tool in his outfit. I mean - what's with the cape? it doesn't do anything so it must just be a fashion accessory which makes him a bit girly in my book.

Gary D

Distinguished Member
He may be or he may not be. What he is, is pointless. Other than a green rock that can weaken him he's pretty invincible. What's the point in that?

And dont even start me on the glasses on and off thing. When i take my glasses off people know its still me. Utterly pointless. Pointless films, pointless comics. pointless

In short he's pointless. :laugh:

G

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom