Votes: 40 90.9%
  • No. he's a lovely bloke who is misunderstood

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I say they were bricks?
When I made the what bricks comment I didn't know what you thought they were throwing, but as you quoted Pacifico's post saying they were throwing bricks, was it unreasonable to think you agreed? Later, you clarified:
They weren't bricks but looked like stones to me, though I didn't actually mention bricks.
So, no, you didn't say they were throwing bricks. :thumbsup:

People forget that the last time we had to fight the extreme right, it was an actual fight/war.
The last time I met the extreme right was in Bosnia, I didn't think I'd see the Labour party and antisemitism, but it doesn't stop some still voting Labour.

Presumably if the police did prosecute the stone throwers, they would then be as bad as Tommy Robinson and co? After all, if you defend these people you are just as bad as them right?

I'm not defending TR. I'm objecting to the use of violence and intimidation.

For someone who says they agree it's wrong you seem very keen to excuse it.

If the police prosecute those throwing objects, they will face the same consequences I would expect anyone to. As I’ve said a few times now, I’m not condoning or excusing anyone but carry on twisting my posts if it helps you.

Suggesting it’s a reaction to the nasty/hateful tactics of TR isn’t condoning anyone, it’s discussing motive.

People comparing throwing stuff at Tommy and Farage to throwing stuff at Green or Libdem, are completely missing the point. It's a false equivalence to compare.

Have a you list of which people it is OK to throw bricks at and which it is not?

I can't resist...

What bricks? :laugh:

Sorry... ;)

Oh, these ones

the_flying_brick_by_uberdspy_d4rfr3b-pre.jpg

The bricks that fly through the air..;)

They were not bricks as it has been pointed out, but I agree that whatever was being thrown shouldn't have been.

It is all getting out of hand in all honestly, and TR is getting more media attention because of it as people are reacting.

The most surprising thing about that video is that the youths were in the midst of Police and Security, yet they stood by and did nothing. Surely they are there to prevent such Breaches of the Peace?

I'm talking about milkshakes and non violent protest, not bricks.
A milkshake is not a non-violent protest, it's an assault.

Given the acid attacks over the last couple of years, having any liquid thrown over you is going to cause severe anxiety.

Fair point.

Given the acid attacks over the last couple of years, having any liquid thrown over you is going to cause severe anxiety.

TBH I hadn't thought about the connection/implications of the acid/chemical throwing and the potential fear/worry that throwing anything liquid etc at someone.

My general opinion was that as long as the person is not hurt other than feelings, public figures expressing views on and wanting to control how others live their lives are 'fair game' - as long as those doing it accept responsibility and any damage most be paid for.

However, I will certainly now have to reconsider and rethink it over regarding the psychological aspects and effects of such incidents.

TBH I hadn't thought about the connection/implications of the acid/chemical throwing and the potential fear/worry that throwing anything liquid etc at someone.

Happy City UK (@HappyCityUK) on Twitter

"Happy City" have just sacked their head of policy after she tweeted she'd prefer it to be acid.

upload_2019-5-21_18-17-16.png

upload_2019-5-21_18-18-34.png

Ruth Townsley joins Happy City - Happy City

Hello I’m Ruth and I am programme manager of Happy City’s 12 month Innovate UK-funded project to develop an interactive tool which will enable policy makers to see the health benefits of improvements in wellbeing. The project work will build on and develop all our learning so far, and has the potential to be rolled out into other areas of policy. Exciting!

I am really pleased to be part of the Happy City team – there’s a creative, fun vibe in the office and the work that we do is both substantive and important. There are also cakes.

My recent work history: I spent four gruelling but rewarding years co-managing the Community Organisers programme at Locality, and before that worked at Locality on voice and impact – helping communities to find their voice about things that mattered, and helping community organisations to demonstrate the difference their work makes. I have an English and American Literature degree and a Masters in Responsibility and Business Practice.
Other things that make me happy: cycling (road racing), ballet, watching the verdant burgeoning of my urban vegetable backyard, retro-fitting a bog standard terrace house, campaigning and resistance, street art and subvertising, psychogeography, crafts (incompetent but keen). Long suffering but devoted Leyton Orient supporter (probably the best ever indicator of a naturally happy person).

upload_2019-5-21_18-20-32.png

She looks like she cuts her own hair.

WTF is psychogeorgraphy??

As we were comparing reactions to milkshakes yesterday, this was Tommy's. Not a thug etc.

Femi on Twitter

I'm willing to bet her job was advertised in The Guardian.

Happy City UK (@HappyCityUK) on Twitter

"Happy City" have just sacked their head of policy after she tweeted she'd prefer it to be acid.

View attachment 1153434

View attachment 1153435

Ruth Townsley joins Happy City - Happy City

Hello I’m Ruth and I am programme manager of Happy City’s 12 month Innovate UK-funded project to develop an interactive tool which will enable policy makers to see the health benefits of improvements in wellbeing. The project work will build on and develop all our learning so far, and has the potential to be rolled out into other areas of policy. Exciting!

I am really pleased to be part of the Happy City team – there’s a creative, fun vibe in the office and the work that we do is both substantive and important. There are also cakes.

My recent work history: I spent four gruelling but rewarding years co-managing the Community Organisers programme at Locality, and before that worked at Locality on voice and impact – helping communities to find their voice about things that mattered, and helping community organisations to demonstrate the difference their work makes. I have an English and American Literature degree and a Masters in Responsibility and Business Practice.
Other things that make me happy: cycling (road racing), ballet, watching the verdant burgeoning of my urban vegetable backyard, retro-fitting a bog standard terrace house, campaigning and resistance, street art and subvertising, psychogeography, crafts (incompetent but keen). Long suffering but devoted Leyton Orient supporter (probably the best ever indicator of a naturally happy person).

View attachment 1153436

She looks like she cuts her own hair.

Thought crime!
Only words!
Not an act of violence!
Eroding freedom of speech!
Political correctness gone mad!

Sorry, just throwing in the usual responses to people being punished for their words :0)

As we were comparing reactions to milkshakes yesterday, this was Tommy's. Not a thug etc.

Femi on Twitter

:rotfl: Did no-one replying think she might, just might have been being sarcastic:facepalm:

ie "Tommy's not violent, it took a full two seconds before he punched him" :D

An actual expert who literally wrote a book on personal hazmat response, and worked close protection for President Bush disagrees

Z8jMKUR.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom