Votes: 40 90.9%
  • No. he's a lovely bloke who is misunderstood

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronGiant

The most surprising thing about that video is that the youths were in the midst of Police and Security, yet they stood by and did nothing. Surely they are there to prevent such Breaches of the Peace?

Squiffy

Distinguished Member
I'm talking about milkshakes and non violent protest, not bricks.
A milkshake is not a non-violent protest, it's an assault.

Given the acid attacks over the last couple of years, having any liquid thrown over you is going to cause severe anxiety.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Fair point.

Toko Black

In Memoriam

Given the acid attacks over the last couple of years, having any liquid thrown over you is going to cause severe anxiety.
TBH I hadn't thought about the connection/implications of the acid/chemical throwing and the potential fear/worry that throwing anything liquid etc at someone.

My general opinion was that as long as the person is not hurt other than feelings, public figures expressing views on and wanting to control how others live their lives are 'fair game' - as long as those doing it accept responsibility and any damage most be paid for.

However, I will certainly now have to reconsider and rethink it over regarding the psychological aspects and effects of such incidents.

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
TBH I hadn't thought about the connection/implications of the acid/chemical throwing and the potential fear/worry that throwing anything liquid etc at someone.
Happy City UK (@HappyCityUK) on Twitter

"Happy City" have just sacked their head of policy after she tweeted she'd prefer it to be acid.

upload_2019-5-21_18-17-16.png

upload_2019-5-21_18-18-34.png

Ruth Townsley joins Happy City - Happy City

Hello I’m Ruth and I am programme manager of Happy City’s 12 month Innovate UK-funded project to develop an interactive tool which will enable policy makers to see the health benefits of improvements in wellbeing. The project work will build on and develop all our learning so far, and has the potential to be rolled out into other areas of policy. Exciting!

I am really pleased to be part of the Happy City team – there’s a creative, fun vibe in the office and the work that we do is both substantive and important. There are also cakes.

My recent work history: I spent four gruelling but rewarding years co-managing the Community Organisers programme at Locality, and before that worked at Locality on voice and impact – helping communities to find their voice about things that mattered, and helping community organisations to demonstrate the difference their work makes. I have an English and American Literature degree and a Masters in Responsibility and Business Practice.
Other things that make me happy: cycling (road racing), ballet, watching the verdant burgeoning of my urban vegetable backyard, retro-fitting a bog standard terrace house, campaigning and resistance, street art and subvertising, psychogeography, crafts (incompetent but keen). Long suffering but devoted Leyton Orient supporter (probably the best ever indicator of a naturally happy person).

upload_2019-5-21_18-20-32.png

She looks like she cuts her own hair.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
WTF is psychogeorgraphy??

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
As we were comparing reactions to milkshakes yesterday, this was Tommy's. Not a thug etc.

Femi on Twitter

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
I'm willing to bet her job was advertised in The Guardian.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Happy City UK (@HappyCityUK) on Twitter

"Happy City" have just sacked their head of policy after she tweeted she'd prefer it to be acid.

View attachment 1153434

View attachment 1153435

Ruth Townsley joins Happy City - Happy City

Hello I’m Ruth and I am programme manager of Happy City’s 12 month Innovate UK-funded project to develop an interactive tool which will enable policy makers to see the health benefits of improvements in wellbeing. The project work will build on and develop all our learning so far, and has the potential to be rolled out into other areas of policy. Exciting!

I am really pleased to be part of the Happy City team – there’s a creative, fun vibe in the office and the work that we do is both substantive and important. There are also cakes.

My recent work history: I spent four gruelling but rewarding years co-managing the Community Organisers programme at Locality, and before that worked at Locality on voice and impact – helping communities to find their voice about things that mattered, and helping community organisations to demonstrate the difference their work makes. I have an English and American Literature degree and a Masters in Responsibility and Business Practice.
Other things that make me happy: cycling (road racing), ballet, watching the verdant burgeoning of my urban vegetable backyard, retro-fitting a bog standard terrace house, campaigning and resistance, street art and subvertising, psychogeography, crafts (incompetent but keen). Long suffering but devoted Leyton Orient supporter (probably the best ever indicator of a naturally happy person).

View attachment 1153436

She looks like she cuts her own hair.

Thought crime!
Only words!
Not an act of violence!
Eroding freedom of speech!
Political correctness gone mad!

Sorry, just throwing in the usual responses to people being punished for their words :0)

IronGiant

As we were comparing reactions to milkshakes yesterday, this was Tommy's. Not a thug etc.

Femi on Twitter

:rotfl: Did no-one replying think she might, just might have been being sarcastic:facepalm:

ie "Tommy's not violent, it took a full two seconds before he punched him" :D

SteakAndCake

Suspended

An actual expert who literally wrote a book on personal hazmat response, and worked close protection for President Bush disagrees

krish

Distinguished Member
EpiPens must be flying off the shelves for severely lactose intolerant nazis
(if the trend travels across the pond, price hiking Mylan will rubbing their hands)

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
You're milking this for all it is worth.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
You curd say that.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
That's just cheesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending threads

Latest news

Netflix reveals how viewing metrics determines a show's success
  • By Andy Bassett