• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

is sony kdl40w4100 better than sony kdl40w4000

raju mahboobani

Standard Member
dear people,

i have just been looking around for a 40 inch sony television. i am a bit confused between the kdl40w4100 and kdl40w4000. can someone tell me which one is better? further i found out that the 4100 model has the motionflow 120 htz...does this make a big difference for playing it with the ps3...
lastly when does the 4100 model come out in Uk..i only seen adverts for purchase in the US

would be highly appreciative of any assistance
thanks

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Nope it wont come in UK and thats the difference that the UK model misses.However the W4000 is better than W4100 on other aspects.If you need 100Hz then the W4500 coming in september might worth a look

raju mahboobani

Standard Member
how come it is not coming to UK? i didnt really want to wait till september for television. In terms of value for money would you say w4000 good value for money? if not, which is a comparable one in terms of performance and price, i do not mind another make if need be? does the motion flow aspect make a big difference?

thank you very much
assistance much appreciated

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
I am not in mind of sony europe but they decided not to have 100Hz on the W4000...Yeah W4000 is an excellent value for money and a top performer as things indicate.The motion is very good withought 100Hz.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom