Is sky digital Quailty going crapper

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Rookies, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Ok, I have bough a new tv which is a very good tv. It play DVD lovley and most channels on sky.

But some channels I tend to notice grains int he picture like it being compress crap. you know bit blocky around people. I never notice this on my other tv and i checked it again today and dont appear to see it on my old tv saying that it is a 50hz tv. I now have a 100 Hz digital plus tv and i do see a big different in clear pictures exp dvds etc and most programs no flicker now. But it does show out that some programs sky broadcast are crap quialty like mention above,

Has this always been like this or is just that sky going downhill a bit

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY only broadcast a handful of channels themselves, the vast majority are boradcast by indpendent companies on the SKY Digital platform.
    What you are probably seeing is the low bitrate channels that are being affected to a greater extent by your new TV's 100hz and digital processing modes.

I honestly believe most of the problems reported with picture quality on mpegII digital TV platforms are the result of the display type used, granted bitrates should be far higher across the board which would provide modern TV's with the high quality source material they need to be able to manipulate without a drop in quality.

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Someone also mention a new sky box could help as mine is about 3 years old now.

Also sky+ i may concider getting one day for the recording and pause etc.

But would a new box help do you reckon?