• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is singstar store dead ?

I heard when it came first out there were hardly any new songs and they were thinking of releasing the disks again.

So whats the score is there loads of songs to now choose from compared to what you can buy on Ps2 disk ??

saltyworm

I heard when it came first out there were hardly any new songs and they were thinking of releasing the disks again.

So whats the score is there loads of songs to now choose from compared to what you can buy on Ps2 disk ??

there are currently over 300 songs on the singstore, but yes they are releasing singstar volume 3 and singstar abba within next couple of months :)

Billy Hunt

I believe it was always their intention to continue to release discs as well as build on the Singstore content.
Apparently it's easier to get the rights for certain songs to be released on disc than to download, it also caters for few that don't have their PS3 connected to the internet.

I sometimes wish the Singstore didn't have so many songs I've spent too much on it already. :rolleyes:
There's currently 427 songs you can view the store for yourself here

Last edited:

catisfit

Yer but out of those 427 songs how mnay of them are new songs that arnt from the OLD PS2 disks ?

How much are you paying for us to work this out for you?! :)

There's a link to the SingStore in the post above. Here's a link to all SingStar titles and their track lists.

For what it's worth, I now have 15 Queen songs in SingStar after the two track packs were recently put on, as far as I know there have only been 2 or 3 Queen songs in previous versions of SingStar.

Killie81

Also some us have never owned a PS2 Singstar Disc, me being one of them

I have about 60 songs downloaded from Singstar and usually every month there is at least one song I want to download which is fine by me.

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
Never owned a Singstar PS2 version. Never owned a PS2 either for that matter.

Every fortnight the Update comes around and I end up spending 3 or 4 quid.

Currently got too many songs to sing. But I visit the store every other friday, so for me, the store isn't dead.

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Yer but out of those 427 songs how mnay of them are new songs that arnt from the OLD PS2 disks ?

(BASED ON THE UK DISC RELEASES)
Updated with this week's update (13 November)

Singstar 80's - 16 out of 30 tracks online (53%)
Singstar 90's - 14 out of 30 tracks online (47%)
Singstar Rocks - 13 out of 30 tracks online (43%)
Singstar Original - 12 out of 30 tracks online (40%)
Singstar Anthems - 8 out of 20 tracks online (40%)
Singstar Popworld - 10 out of 30 tracks online (33%)
Singstar Party - 10 out of 30 tracks online (33%)
Singstar Legends - 9 out of 30 tracks online (30%)
Singstar Rock Ballads - 9 out of 30 tracks online (30%)
Singstar Pop Hits - 8 out of 30 tracks online (27%)
Singstar Boyband V Girlband - 8 out of 30 tracks online (27%) +1
Singstar Summer Party - 7 out of 30 tracks online (23%)
Singstar R&B - 6 out of 30 tracks online (20%)

Total - 125 out of 380 tracks online (32.9%) +1

And for PS3 tracks on the singstore:
Singstar Volume 1 - 7 out of 30 tracks online (23%)
Singstar Volume 2 - 9 out of 30 tracks online (30%)
Singstar Volume 3 - 6 out of 30 tracks online (20%) +5

link

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom