Is second chance for noobs?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by SlinkDaddy, Feb 6, 2009.

1. SlinkDaddy

SlinkDaddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Was playing in TDM TT last night with Salty, Hubba and Nighthawk and got sent a PSN message from one of the other team calling me a noob:eek::rolleyes:. We all used it because it really works as a team tactic on TDMs especially.

Clearly I thought he'd seen me play before but I thought i'd ask him why he called me a noob all the same. His reply was that second chance was for noobs. This was because i'd killed him 2/3 times whilst in second chance and I think it got under his skin:smashin::clap:. I just replied saying that noobs aren't capable of actually making use of second chance cos you need a bit of skill to get kills with the pistol.

Has second chance migrated into the noobs domain along with Jugga and toobs or was he just a sore loser?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. saltyworm

saltyworm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    was the msg from those two guys with the same clan tag?!

i msg'd back saying *whos the noob?! you left the game half way through because you cant take losing!! and because i own you everywhere you go?!* :rotfl:

i got a few 10-1 ratio games last night :D

3. WillieCocker

WillieCocker
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Another is Juggernaut.
    All you ever get is abusive messages when you use it....Noob etc.
    Some gamers play a certain way and have a "Code Of Honour" and they feel that everybody should play to their rules & standards to become a proper gamer.
    Codswallop, all perks are used in some way by everybody, and in that case we are all N00bs.
    Just enjoy your gaming and laugh at the haters.:thumbsup:

4. snooper

snooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    if you play like me then any perk that gives you more chance of a kill has got to be a good option. Too many sad people play and moan. If they are not happy don't play a game where you will be shot, and complain when you are. I hate playing against tanks but i don't moan about it. I've used it lately and i find it gives me more kills, where if i didn't use it i'd definately be last every time. What the option gives you teamwise is the revival perk, which if tactics are playing a part every team member should have it then teamates are back in the game quicker, and whingers die faster. In gaming terms i am a noob so i will use what i want and foxtrot oscar the rest. Can't wait for second chance in a tank though.

PSN maxy14

5. NightHawk

NightHawk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Sore loser definately! Killing someone in second chance does require a degree of skill moreso than martyrdom where the grenade does the work for you.

One of the players on Dome kept killing me using the n00b tube. Felt so tempted to message him and call him a n00b for doing so but resisted when he still ended up with a massively negative k:d ratio :rotfl::D

6. Agrav8er

Agrav8er

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    I play the machine gun with the round drum on the top (cant remember the name) with Jugger and steady aim. Great on the smaller maps:hiya:

7. Genie1

Genie1
    Remembered (1979 - 2009)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Slinky, Hubba, Salty & Nighthawk using second chance :nono:

NOOBS :D

Does it really matter?

I use it S&D all the time and know loads of others than do.

But yeah your still No0bs :rotfl:

8. Hubba-EX

Hubba-EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    LOL, that guy had overkill perk so he was using 4 toobs per life.

9. Hubba-EX

Hubba-EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    My most hated perk is Second Chance (last stand is fine though), especially in S&D games where I miss out on the full wack of 50pts because I couldnt finish them off :mad:

I have never had a problem with Jugger, never understood why it was so hated. I hardly notice a difference in [email protected] with it. In COD4 if you get sniped with Jugger on you have a good chance of staying alive, but in [email protected] you still die.

Yeah, I sent msg to you guys to use second chance for TDM - if its in the games, its in the game - I saved a few of you guys with it, as you did me :D

10. Xabi17

Xabi17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Is second chance last stand?

11. travid

travid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    Yes it is. I love using it but hate being the victim of it, Doh!

The big thing that bugs me about it, is the length it takes to die, especially when you would like to be credited with the kill.

Cant think of a reason why you would be called a NOob for using it.:confused:

Oh yeah................sore loooooooosers:D

12. Leumas_10

Leumas_10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    It annoys me when I've been spraying bullets everywhere like an idiot and then having none left to finish people off, oops :suicide: or when a team mate nips in and pinches the kill :mad:. But fairs fair, it's only a game. Some take it so serious

13. Genie1

Genie1
    Remembered (1979 - 2009)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    It's last stand but.......

If someone on your team also has it they act as a medic and can revive you :smashin:

Really useful in S&D imo :thumbsup:

14. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,188
    I was messaged yesterday by some irate player being called a nOOb (how they spelt it) and saying to play the game properly.

Simply because I spent most of that level, Seelow, Sabotage, in the Tank and did not get out of it.

I hate the big levels, namely Seelow, Outskirts and Downfall. Roundhouse isn't so bad.

But in those big levels I try to get in the tanks when I can as I just can't bothered, plus quitting downs my ratio.

But in this game I got way more kills than anyone else, and help us win the game.

I parked outside the building with the tank so nobody on the other side could get near to diffuse the the bomb.

In the end it wont make me change my playing strategy.

15. Fmrl

Fmrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +409
    Huh? It's him that's a bad player!!

If you're playing one of the tank maps then it's essential to have a "tank killer" class set up (so if an enemy player is dominating the map with a tank you can switch class to one with bazookas, satchels, grenades, etc.) and take him out.
    Once you've killed a tank driver a couple of times he soon gives up and goes back to being on foot.

If you're in a tank and no one attacks you then make the most of it!!

16. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,188
    Thanks for that Fmrl.

And that is exactly what I do too, I have the first class setup with the bazooka perk, sticky grenades solely for levels with the tanks.

The tanks are irritating when you are up against them so I can see why he was irked.

Plus it was a Sabotage match which is not really one of the levels the "nOOb's" as he put it plays.

But I just see it as if I don't go in the tank someone from the other team usually does and takes advantage.

And you only have a few levels to get all the vehicle perks.

The most annoying that I am still trying to get that drive 50 miles challenge done. I am level 62 prestige and have only drove 6 miles.

While on the subject the thing I don't like about the tanks is the amount they need to be destroyed. I have unloaded two bazooka shells, and then thrown a sticky grenade all directed at the same spot (both either the front or back) the tank still keeps going.

It really should be changed so that two bazooka shells on the same spot is a guaranteed blow up.

One to take the front/rear armor away, the other to then finish it off. I would also say that is pretty much realistic too.

Maybe then also the tanks wont be vilified as much by people, it will also add more skill to people using them as they will now need to dodge two shots at the same place.

17. Fmrl

Fmrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +409
    I gave up on that challenge - tanks seem to move at about 3 miles an hour so that's a LOT of time wasted to get 50 miles covered!

Agreed, or at the very least one or two bazookas aimed at the tracks will immobilise it. I think there's a challenge for immobilising a tank but I've never managed it.

18. ThuGLy

ThuGLy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,688

ive immobilized tanks when iv been in a tank but never with a bazooka iv also had tanks shooting faster than i even tho i have ordinance training :smashin:

19. travid

travid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    Exactly.Just like when you get called a camper, especially on the big maps, that makes me chuckle because...............

During the war Rodney, there were, of course, no snipers or tanks:suicide:

20. TyFlip

TyFlip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I used to love tanks but never go in them nowadays.

Should revisit them cos its in a tank where I got my killstreak of 23.

21. StevePSIV

StevePSIV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,707
    TANKS ARE ANNOYING ON THIS GAME!!

Sorry for the caps :rotfl:

22. Leumas_10

Leumas_10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I try to avoid tanks altogether now, whether it's destroying them (and failing) or using them. The maps I hate the most have them, downfall :mad: and outskirts :(. The only time I go near them is if I see a cheeky turret gunners nut pop up, I love taking them out!

23. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,188
    They're only annoying if you are not the one in them.

24. StevePSIV

StevePSIV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,707
    True, I posted that message last night after playing WAR with a few lads from here!! The other team had 3 tanks I think and I became very frustrated :D

No skill in using a tank imo, just ruin the game..

and yes Slinky, you are a noob :thumbsup::D

25. Insomnia75

Insomnia75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    All perks are fair game, overwise they wouldn't be in there.

I personally don't use don't use Juggernaut or second chance because I prefer other perks at those levels.

My only issue is the spotty pre-pubescent, simpleton, spotty kids who use words like 'noob' and 'pwn' and actually feel the need to message people.

26. Benny Powers

Benny Powers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    agree with all you said there, the perks are there to use how you wish, just ignore the children and their silly name calling, laugh at them is what i do.

on the tanks issue. i will only go in one if i keep getting killed by 1, sometimes it is so annoying! so i get one and destroy him and end up staying in it to gather up a decent kill streak in it.

27. AnthonyG

AnthonyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,188
    While we are on the subject of things that annoy us in the game.

The number 1 for me (well other than betty's of course, but that is just all part of the game).

But it has to be when playing, in particular, a War game, and you have a team that is absolutely terrified to go anywhere near the flags.

The game is a War game for pete's sake.

The worst one was over the weekend, which was one of my reasons for giving up COD5 and giving COD4 a go.

But we we were in the Hanger level, and had went one flag down due to the reason above.

We took the second flag, or shall I say I took the second flag alone, and killed all the enemy while taking it, and then naturally everyone legged it into the main hanger to get the first flag again to now allow us to go in the lead.

But three people on my team just ran right around or straight past the flag like it was diseased, and all started camping in the varying different areas of the hanger.

Do they not realize that the more on the flag the faster its caught?, we lost the game with, i'm quite certain, me being the only person to ever once even set foot on any of the five flags (I say five as some some were fought back).

I think its clear they just wanted some easy kills camping out way in the distance to shoot the enemy on the flag (which didn't work as we got slaughtered), but in my opinion there is no point in ever playing War if you are afraid to go anywhere near the flags. :mad: