1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Screenplay 5700 best for money?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lobo, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Lobo

Lobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I heard you can now get a Screenplay 5700 for about £2000. Would you say that this is the best projector for the money, considering it got such rave reviews at the higher price point?
    What projectors would you say are comparable around a similar price?

Ive demoed a Sim2 Domino 20 and noticed some rainbows when I really looked for them, although in normal viewing it was fine. Is the Screenplay worse for rainbows? If itis, I dont think it will be a viable choice for me.

2. leedavies

leedavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I just had a 5700 installed, having compared with a few LCD's and the Domino 20. The Domino was the other option in the end, but it's a big ugly lump!

I'm very pleased with the 5700 so far - great quality image on a 7' screen. The colours are something else - so rich.

As you say, at just over 2k, the 5700 takes some beating now. Until the 5705 comes out in Jan/Feb...

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    I have seen the Screenplay and found the rainbow effect to be worse than the Domino 20 which we have on display. I just ordered a Sharp XV-Z201 as it had the best combination of picture quality, very little rainbow at all and very quiet. The other nice thing about the Sharp is that there is a long throw (XV-Z200) and a short throw (XV-Z201) version of the same projector so one way or the other it will suit almost anybodys situation.