Question Is RTX3080 compatible with my Computer Specs? Also which version of the card will fit in my case?

KILLER NADS

So i currently have the following:

• Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Intel Socket LGA1151 Skylake Motherboard
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM 120mm Fans
  • EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080
I primarily only use my PC for VR gaming with Valve Index and Oculus Quest 2 (when it releases) with the oculus link cable. However, ive been getting very choppy vr gaming on this graphics card this year, lots of slowness and just sluggishness, so i think the gtx1080 has outlived itself and i probably need to upgrade. Hence looking to buy a new RTX3080 card.

Firstly, will this card work with all my current parts?

Secondly, is the size of it and which one out of all the different variations of the RTX card will fit in my pc spec?

Currently the gtx1080 has maxed out the length in my case. Hitting the fan at the end. My currents card size is: H=41 L=280 W=114 mm

GeForce® GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8G Key Features | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global

Ofcourse there is the option to remove the fan and be able to get up to a 300mm card instead, but i dont really know where to then place the fan as i dont see any other space for it.

I also have to say im not a pc expert or anything, ive never built my own pc from scratch i can only change a part or two.

I have attached pics of what the current graphics card looks like in my pc and the space around it.

Please if anyone could advice which model in RTX3080 i should look to buy that would be great thanks!

Grimley

The shortest 3080 card is the founders edition & that's 285mm in length.

dazdem

:hiya:
what case do you currently use- bitfenix?-decent cases can be found quite cheap and if your looking to get a better card than the 1080 a bigger case would be a good idea in my opinion:)

Riggie

Standard Member
Hi Killer nads

If you're not confident about a case replacement, you could try a slim fan such as a
Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM Premium Quiet Slim Fan, 4-Pin (120x15mm, Black)
as pictured below, it is only 15mm thick compared to 25mm on the standard 120 / 140mm fans.
( This one has exchangeable inserts to match your Red theme inside your case )

That will increase the gap to 10mm, so you should in theory! have a 5mm gap using 3080 founders edition.

I can't find a benchmark on the G1 on my go-too videobenchmark.net website, is it as fast as the Ti
version of the GTX1080? If it is the same, or better, than the TI I would be interested in purchasing it any time in November or as soon as you upgrade.
cheers
riggie
120_.jpg

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't bother as the OP posted the question nearly 3 weeks ago and hasn't bothered replying to there own thread :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom