1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is RTCW on live laggy ?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by monkeyleader, May 21, 2003.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hi,

Got me copy of Wolf and was about to stick it on then I discovered planetside - WOW [if you have a PC and are into online gaming then go get this] Sorry where was I, or yes lag. Ive been hearing from various people that Wolf online works best with 2 on 2 or at a push 3 on 3 - is this true ?

IF this is the case then why ? You can play many more players on the PC and its the same network connection and apparantley a comparable games system - please tell me Ive been told porkies and that Ill be able to head home tonight and get online with a mass of players.

monkey

PS: go buy planetside :D

2. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ghost Recon struggles with 6 players sometimes. Dunno why, MotoGP is fine with 16. Maybe the way they have it set up. haven't got RTCW yet and don't think I'll bother as frag ups are not really my thing.

3. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had one bad experience with lag, we were playing 3x3. However I have played several 4 on 4 and even 5x5 matches with no prob whatsoever.
    I think the person must have had a particualrly bad server. It is certainly less laggy than GR especailly considering the amount of explosions going off.
    U should manage to find a lag free match no prob.

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Using my pc to play Black Hawk Down with 32+ players we have no problems. Mybe it's down to the no of severs and bandwidth available. X Box live is just getting established so the resources may be limited at the mo. I would expect it to get better- can't imagine microsoft not having the support in place in the future but maybe caught out by it's initial popularity.
    Haven't got an x box but for online multiplayer I'm gonna stick with the PC.

5. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I've been messing around on RTCW on xbox live and so far have had hardly any lag - even played a 6 vs 6 game that played fine, it seems a lot smoother than GR

6. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you look thorugh the quick match selection, or just go on optimatch, there are quite a few dedicated servers, and many of them just leave it up and running with themselves on spectate so u can still play with the usual lot.

7. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    cheers guys - looks like its some RTCW then tonite .. oh hang on planetside has just been released .. opps :D :D

8. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    My friend has Planet side and says it is absolutely awsome. Pricey at $12 per month plus £25 for the game but well worth it.

The only reason I havent got it is that I know I wont do any work for months once I do.