Is Rooney as good as ronaldinho or better?

RoNaLdiNhO

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe you guys could sort this arguement ive been having with my kid brother & his friend for months now they say rooney is better than ronaldinho. They say he is more skillfull (for this comment alone they should be locked up in hospital i think) and just better alround. I disagree ofcourse since i watch alot more La liga than them on tv. Both will be coming around this sunday night and hopefully i will show them the comments on this great fourm and they will have egg on there faces or maybe i will look a fool :)

below some vids for your pleasure:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4106551096511609772&q=ronaldinho

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6769428757644245200&q=ronaldinho+goals

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6780963641001426244&q=rooney

I personally think a better comparison would be; Thierry Henry V Ronaldinho

By the way, in my opinion, i think Ronaldhino is better than Rooney. I knew he was good, but those video clips reminded me just how good!!

It's one of those questions where there is no definitive answer!!

Rooney is an excellent player, superb technically, powerful, works very very hard for the team (tackles back all the time). He now seems to have curbed the anger/frustation and now channels that into his game. However, still a bit of raw talent (possibly picture opp. for this months competition;)

Ronaldinho - quality player, all the flicks and tricks, scores goals, lacking in his actual team play, i.e can be a bit hit or miss, more so that Rooney. He has the "skills to pay the bills" as they say but lacks the power and directness of rooney.

Both players have their own unique credentials. It is one regret as a football fan that Man Utd did not pay the £12million to get him to united in 2002/3 season and we could have potentially witnessed them playing together!!!

If i had to pick one, as if my life depended on it, i would probably say rooney due to his potential to be a bit more of a team player. That's only my opinion by the way!

I think a better comparison would be; Skoda V Daewoo or Mercedes V Jaguar perhaps?? Maybe i should start a new thread ... ? ;)

Ronaldino's more like a a Bentley Turbo: ugly front grill, looks flash & hard to keep up with.

Rooney's more of a Dodge Ram V12: great engine, looks rugged & hard to stop.

I'd take the Dodge Ram anyday, on the players - can't choose, sorry...

Ronaldinho for me . Worlds best player. His audacious tricks if found on a young English player would lead him to being discarded as being too flash:nono:

I'd prefer Rooney in my team for all the effort he puts into just about every game. He's still very young and should get better :)

Its a difficult one. I believe Rooney is better now than than Ronaldinho was 5 years ago at the same age.
As of now Ronaldinho is probably the worlds best player just ahead of Henry but I think Brazilians have this aura around them while we generally tend to discredit our own player, obviously not in the case of Rooney.
So I think Ronaldinho edges it now and Rooney will take over. I think a more important question is ..Whos Uglier?? :devil:

KevD said:
Its a difficult one. I believe Rooney is better now than than Ronaldinho was 5 years ago at the same age. I think a more important question is ..Whos Uglier?? :devil:
Quality post :laugh:

RoNaLdiNhO said:
Have to disagree, your showing videos of his tricks of which he has more than anyone by a long shot. Rooney has had a bigger impact in a bigger league and on the International stage and will only get bigger and better and if Ronaldinho is good now wait for Rooney in 5 years.

both ugly but the brazilian has more skill and can change a game more than Rooney ever could.

I vote for Rooney over Dwight Yorke's long lost twin. As others have said, when Rooney is Ronaldinho's age there will be no comparison.......

Bulldog strength and tanacity(sp?) over samba dancing any day ;)

Only its always the Samba you see after a world cup final ;)

True lol

But with 'wonderboy' rooney carrying the nations hopes.....

What the hell am i on about, we'll never win anything :thumbsdow

Short term: No.

Long term: No

imho Ronaldinho will turn out to be one of a time and unique like Maradona. There's one a generation :) Enjoy Germany 2006 folks

Tigerblade said:
I vote for Rooney over Dwight Yorke's long lost twin. As others have said, when Rooney is Ronaldinho's age there will be no comparison.......

Bulldog strength and tanacity(sp?) over samba dancing any day ;)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope I am 100% wrong and you are 100% right. On the other hand for the sake of the 'beautiful game" i hope YOU are wrong

I've been taught not to believe everything I read in papers so here goes...

I read an article in the Times...(interesting btw with the whole making football posh but anyway...)

The reporter has seen many footballers on the streets of Rio who dare he says, with the same and even better skills than buckteeth.

The difference is that he has the audacity to try them at crucial moments in games... and can pull them off in the heat of a match

scored a couple of decent goals in the premiership and a few against shoddy teams in international teams he dont have no flair vastley over rated

I think they are 2 very different types of player, but, i would rather pay to watch Ronaldhino.

Although Rooney is good, when you see Lionel Messi, who, at only 18 years of age, playing for Barca, then that truly is a REAL superstar in the making!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom