Is Ronnie O'Sullivan a sporting great ?

clemmeroid

Established Member
Reaction score
Ronnie O'Sullivan has just won his sixth UK Snooker Championship
can he be considered a sporting great bearing in mind snooker is played wearing indoor shoes ?

Yes a legend in snooker and sport.

One of the most exciting players to watch since Jimmy White.

100%.

And I am not a fan of snooker.

Absolute genius.

As far as snooker goes, the guy is a genius and when he slips into gear he is unplayable, that puts him on the same plateu as the tiger woods and Michael Jordan's of their given sport.

So yes IMHO he is a sporting great.

I think his "I couldnt give a toss" attitude has also added to his appeal.

There's a good clip on YouTube comparing one of his 147s that he did in 5mins or something, and alongside it is Ebdon getting a 12 break in the same time.

Yes, because he has dominated his sport just like Phil Taylor has done in darts.

Whether darts or snooker are proper sports, I couldn't care less.

One of them is fantastic entertainment.

Yes, because he has dominated his sport just like Phil Taylor has done in darts.

Whether darts or snooker are proper sports, I couldn't care less.

One of them is fantastic entertainment.

O'Sullivan has easily secured his status as a sporting great. He arguably has a case for being the greatest snooker player of all time through his talent, achievements and the length of time he's had success.

I'd disagree that he's dominated snooker in the way Taylor has dominated darts. O'Sullivan has (I think) five world championships, six UK championships and seven Masters. Taylor has 16 world championships, 16 Matchplays and 11 Grand Prix titles.

Of course, Taylor's numbers are helped by the fact that, until recent years, the overall standard of the competition in darts was poor; he's never had the level of competition O'Sullivan has had to compete with in snooker.

I concur with the comments so far, I would pay to see O'Sullivan play and as has been inferred when he is on a roll he is a genius . At the end of the day sport is entertainment and O'Sullivan is one of it's best exponents

For me he is a joy to watch and is for me a sporting giant.
The way he switches from left to right to right to left when playing is brilliant.

Nope...not a sport if you can wear shoes.
Fastest, furthest, strongest etc

Dominoes to become an Olympic sport?

I would say no, his talent is undeniable but he keeps spitting his dummy and threatening to quit, thinks he is bigger than snooker and the game would grind to a halt without him..

He is the best there's ever been, but i don't like his attitude sometimes. As a master of his sport, he is probably at the top of the list of all sports.

As for snooker not being a sport, it's much more a sport than things like boxing, figure skating and gymnastics where the result is based on scoring opinions and not a defined scoring system.

Absolutely. Unless snooker players are to be excluded.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom