Is Resistance: Fall of Man going to be on Xbox360

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
Buggar. I saw the clip from the PS3 version and though it looked quite good.

Oh Well, at least we still ahve 2 little games called Halo 3 and Gears of War comming ;)

It's looking good but I wish they (Sony) had changed the controller! The analogue sticks just aren't in the right position for an FPS.

runam0k said:
It's looking good but I wish they (Sony) had changed the controller! The analogue sticks just aren't in the right position for an FPS.
It's a tried and tested design, which when polled to the public months ago, they said they liked the layout for the PS2 and PS3 over the Xbox 360.

lee_c00per said:
Tested on a bunch of SONY Fanboys i bet :rolleyes:
No its all people, from all walks of life.

TVR_Fan said:
No its all people, from all walks of life.

The 360 pad is way better than the PS2 pad. Most people I know think the same. The people polled probably have never used the 360 pad.

jayd said:
The 360 pad is way better than the PS2 pad. Most people I know think the same. The people polled probably have never used the 360 pad.

Jeez man, just accept it. The one thing sony has undeniably done right in the console wars is design a great controller. Ever since the analog pads were added to the PS1 pad the controller has been considered nigh perfect in design. Just look at the clones doing the rounds everywhere.

The 360's controller is clearly influenced by the design of the PS2 controller, they've realised that the black and white buttons were just not accessible which is why we now have the familiar 4 button layout with 4 shoulder buttons (albeit retaining the triggers, which is a nice touch, reminds me of my SEGA Saturn's 3D Control Pad for NiGHTS). Even the Controller-S was a step towards the shape of the Sony pad.

I'm glad Sony are sticking with the pad, the boomerang design looked aweful. Likewise I'm glad Microsoft have moved in that direction too, this pad is infinitely more confortable than the previous xbox ones, and we can all thank Sony for that. If only the digital stick was a bit more practical to use (like, say, the PS2 pads :))

Disclaimer: I'm not a sony fanboy, nor a MS one. I'm a gamer, plain and straight. I'll buy all the consoles and judge them on their merits.

durera said:
I'm glad Sony are sticking with the pad, the boomerang design looked aweful. Likewise I'm glad Microsoft have moved in that direction too, this pad is infinitely more confortable than the previous xbox ones, and we can all thank Sony for that. If only the digital stick was a bit more practical to use (like, say, the PS2 pads :))

Disclaimer: I'm not a sony fanboy, nor a MS one. I'm a gamer, plain and straight. I'll buy all the consoles and judge them on their merits.

How do you feel about the removal of rumble from the ps3 pad?

I was never really able to get on with the Sony pads. The thumb sticks never really felt in the right place and trying to use the shoulder buttons was a faggins. I like the xbox pads for the triggers which feel much more intuitive for FPS and racing games. Nintendo had the pad design pretty much sorted with the N64 and I think MS just updated it to make it more relevant to today's games (ie dual sticks, dual analogue triggers etc).

I agree that the black and white buttons were always a bit pointless on the original xbox and am glad they have moved them to the shoulders.

rik1471 said:
How do you feel about the removal of rumble from the ps3 pad?

Rumble was overrated, the only time a game ever made decent use of rumble was that one cutscene in Metal Gear Solid -- you know the one :)

I couldn't tell you if the xbox 360 controller rumbles or not to be honest, it really has no impact on my gaming at all. Wireless controllers, now that does have an impact (still love my WaveBirds, especially since the wired controllers had the shortest cables ever). I'd love to see force feedback style analog sticks. Now that would be great.

Wasn't the rumble removed to add motion senors or something? Not sure about that myself, seems a bit of a gimmick, but then so did the rumble.

As you may gather from that last point, the PS3 isn't really catching my interest at the moment, I have one pre-ordered, but it's the games that matter, and the launch titles look pretty weak to me. It's at the point where I'd say the 360 may even be my primary games console for the future (i.e. the one that I buy multi-platform titles for) -- features like gamerscore, achievements and xbox live will take some beating as I suspect the games themselves will only differ slightly across the two platforms.

By the way, does the 360 controller rumble? It's bugging me now that I can't remember, I'd check if I weren't at work.

Yeah, it does rumble, and apparently when you use video chat you can make the controller of the person you're chatting to vibrate, that's one way to make it more female friendly!!!!

durera said:
Rumble was overrated, the only time a game ever made decent use of rumble was that one cutscene in Metal Gear Solid -- you know the one :).

Quess you've not played Moto Gp? If there was no rumble how would you know when the back end was going to go from under you:confused:

Also if Table tennis had no rumble you woukd not know when you were over hitting the ball. I feel rumble adds to tension and makes games more realistic. Still dont understand Sony's idea that motion sensor is more important.

filmfreak71 said:
Yeah, it does rumble, and apparently when you use video chat you can make the controller of the person you're chatting to vibrate, that's one way to make it more female friendly!!!!
lol

csd7025 said:
Quess you've not played Moto Gp? If there was no rumble how would you know when the back end was going to go from under you:confused:

Also if Table tennis had no rumble you woukd not know when you were over hitting the ball.

Ah, yes. I forgot that use in Table Tennis (my bro is borrowing TT from me at the moment) -- another good use of rumble there, but good use of rumble is a rarity imo.

csd7025 said:
I feel rumble adds to tension and makes games more realistic. Still dont understand Sony's idea that motion sensor is more important.

I don't understand the motion sensor thing either, when I play games I usually don't have the room to wave my arms all over the place for one thing. As for rumble adding tension, in the two examples you gave, true. But the majority of games add rumble when you get hit/take damage whatever and I don't even notice it, I can see I got hit, and making my joypad vibrate slightly adds nothing to the experience. When I think of rumble that's what comes to mind.

wonders if FIFA makes the pad rumble when you are tackled?

The good uses of it are, as you highlighted, when rumble is used to represent something you cannot see or hear. Perhaps if more games used it that way I'd have a different view of the feature.

I was happy to trade rumble for wireless with Nintendo's WaveBird's. Microsoft let me have both, it's interesting that Sony could have offered both, but chose motion sensitivity instead. Perhaps instead of bashing a button to get up I will need to shake the controller wildly :)

durera said:
the majority of games add rumble when you get hit/take damage whatever and I don't even notice it, I can see I got hit, and making my joypad vibrate slightly adds nothing to the experience.

Maybe some games but IMO online FPS's like COD2 it feels realistic and adds to the game, playing death match for 30mins with a machine gun puts you through it:D

it's interesting that Sony could have offered both, but chose motion sensitivity instead. Perhaps instead of bashing a button to get up I will need to shake the controller wildly

agreed, just have to wait and see;)

durera said:
Perhaps instead of bashing a button to get up I will need to shake the controller wildly :)

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but, yes, you do need to do this in some PS3 games.

durera said:
The 360's controller is clearly influenced by the design of the PS2 controller, they've realised that the black and white buttons were just not accessible which is why we now have the familiar 4 button layout with 4 shoulder buttons (albeit retaining the triggers, which is a nice touch, reminds me of my SEGA Saturn's 3D Control Pad for NiGHTS). Even the Controller-S was a step towards the shape of the Sony pad.

I always thought the 360 pad to be more influenced by the Gamecube pad in terms of layout. I mean the sticks are in similar positions, then the two shoulder buttons above the trigger are reminiscent of the Gamecube Z button IMO(although that was quite poorly responsive & too small).

Personally I don't like the PS2 pad shape anymore, aside from the sticks not being well positioned, I find the pad never really fits into the hands when playing like the Gamecube & Xbox360 pads do(don't know if that makes sense).

Anyway, a bit off topic to the thread there so sorry to the OP.

Asking the public what controller they like better PS2 or 360 ? How many people own a PS2 compared to how many have a 360 or have even used one. I hate stupid polls like that, people who have only used one nearly always vote for the one they have wether they tested the other or not. If Sony had anything about them they would make the best controller not what all the people who can bothered to vote decide on. Granted I understand why Sony kept the design because most believe it works but it's hardly the next step is it, unless you count copying Wii's movemnet control. Can't wait to see the controller for the PS8 that can read your mind but looks a lot like a PS1 controller.:suicide:

I have never liked the PS2 pad, I much prefered the original Xbox pad the only problem being the black and white buttons. I was gutted when Sony decided to keep the same design as if it is perfection.

As for the rumble, I think it's been taken for granted and hardly noticed lately but I used a controller a few week ago (I forget which) it had no rumble and it felt lifeless and I noticed straight away.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom