Is PS3 Safe to Use Now

asimmd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have 2 questions.

Is the PS3 safe to use after the online credit card account problem.

I have not switched it on for a while due to moving,and it now has the wrong info for my router.

Can someone please tell me if I can erase everything and start again,and if so how do I do it.

Thanks

Alan

On your first question the security problems were fixed some time ago. If you have not done s you should change your password on your PSN account and, for good measure, any other passwords (to other common sites) that use a combination of the same email address as userid and the same password.

On the second question I think you just need to go into network settings and go through the Internet setup again inputting any data that it doesn't detect automatically.

On your first question the security problems were fixed some time ago. If you have not done s you should change your password on your PSN account and, for good measure, any other passwords (to other common sites) that use a combination of the same email address as userid and the same password.

On the second question I think you just need to go into network settings and go through the Internet setup again inputting any data that it doesn't detect automatically.

Yes, you're correct on both points.

Cheers,

Martin.

Many thanks for the replies.

In order to change Internet address and/or bank passwords,I am being asked for the original password
which I can't remember.
I thought the best way to solve the issues would be to do a full reset as it were,and start again.

Can it be reset to it's factory settings,thereby effectively wiping all data from the drive.

Thanks

Alan

Settings > System Settings > Restore PS3 System

Thanks RottenFox - That should cure the problem.

Alan

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom