is ps plus worth it

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know its very subjective but i have never had ps plus but took advantage of the £50 15 month deal primarilly so i could have help on demons souls.

I am now thinking of cancelling it.

if i was to get a 12 month usa sub then would i get access to teh special set of ps4 games that came with the ps plus on the ps5 ie days gone etc

the usa sub at £25is more palatable

for example cdkeys sell a 12 month USA sub for £22 ?

This is a tad confusing post, when did you activate your 15 month deal? And do you have a PS5?

If your PS+ is active now and you have a PS5, you already have access to the PS Collection of 20 PS4 games and can install and play them right now. You will also get to add at least 30 more games over the next 15 months, the content between UK and US is generally the same.

You only need to worry about the price nearer renewal, there is zero benefit activating a US PS+ if you already have + activated now. Unless I'm missing something, I'd keep on with your current sub and look out for PS+ offers later in the year, you'll often see PS+/PS Wallet offers on the likes of ShopTo and the classifieds on this site often sell cheap subs and credit too.

Whether its worth renewing is up to you, you'll have 50+ games active in 15 months time and online play to consider, just note if you switch from one region to another for your plus, you will lose your access to the PS+ games on the other account.

Apologies I am thinking of cancelling ps plus. You are able to within 14 days and getting a cheaper usa sub.

Does the USA version also get the ps collection.

Yes I hsve a ps5

OK, assuming you get a refund, the US subs will also have the PS Collection, you will need a US account to activate it on..

OK got a usa account set up and got a code from cdkeys to activate however despite having a number of games downloaded on my UK account I need to download them again on the USA user which makes no sense

OK got a usa account set up and got a code from cdkeys to activate however despite having a number of games downloaded on my UK account I need to download them again on the USA user which makes no sense

You can only use games for the country the account and store is tied to, since you made an American account and using the American store you can only download and use games from that store, if you switch back to the UK account you can download and use games from the UK Store.

Hi guys,

Xbox gamer here in peace. Before Christmas I bought my nephews PS5 on my amazon account and they have given me a discount code for 25% off Playstation Plus for 12 months - £37.49 instead of £49.99 (not sure if this is any good?)

Anyway the code is below if it will help someone:

U9BH-CJBE4X-7WA9BM

Has to be used on Amazon though.

Thanks,

Hi guys,

Xbox gamer here in peace. Before Christmas I bought my nephews PS5 on my amazon account and they have given me a discount code for 25% off Playstation Plus for 12 months - £37.49 instead of £49.99 (not sure if this is any good?)

Anyway the code is below if it will help someone:

U9BH-CJBE4X-7WA9BM

Has to be used on Amazon though.

Thanks,
Are these codes account specific, or can anyone use them? If it’s the later, I’ve also got an Amazon code if anyone wants it. Drop me a PM 👍

Edit: Posted the code below now if it’s of interest to anyone.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, these codes can be used by anyone, and are not account specific
Pete

Related question - thanks to LotusElan I used one of these Amazon codes to buy PS+ 12 month sub.

I've added it to my account, which has my son as a family member. My understanding is this sub should carry over to his account automatically, as we're in the same family group, but he's telling me it's not there?

Only thing I've seen is that a setting needs to be on on the PS5, which it is by default, and the checks I've done suggest it is set correctly. Anything else obvious to check either in online account management, or on the console, to check it's setup correctly?

Related question - thanks to LotusElan I used one of these Amazon codes to buy PS+ 12 month sub.

I've added it to my account, which has my son as a family member. My understanding is this sub should carry over to his account automatically, as we're in the same family group, but he's telling me it's not there?

Only thing I've seen is that a setting needs to be on on the PS5, which it is by default, and the checks I've done suggest it is set correctly. Anything else obvious to check either in online account management, or on the console, to check it's setup correctly?

You need to log in with the account that has PS+ and set it as shareable in the PS5 settings, basically enable Console Sharing and Offline Play

Any account that logs into that PS5 will have access to PS+ online and downloaded games, note, games must be downloaded from the PS+ owners account.

I recall someone else had a problem with this and they disabled and re-enabled the share setting and it worked, they may have done a "Restore Licenses" too..

Thanks @Toasty - I think it's working - I suspect he was thinking he'd get the yellow + symbol next to his profile as well, and it appears that's not the case. Thanks for the tip ref content needing to be downloaded via my account - that makes sense and he's already hammering downloads of a couple of old games lol

Thanks @Toasty - I think it's working - I suspect he was thinking he'd get the yellow + symbol next to his profile as well, and it appears that's not the case. Thanks for the tip ref content needing to be downloaded via my account - that makes sense and he's already hammering downloads of a couple of old games lol

Yep, its still only your account that has plus and will be the only one with access to everything, eg, game save uploads, store plus discounts, download of plus games etc. Other accounts just have access to your installed games and online service while you have share enabled..

That sounds fine to me for a 10 year old - maybe when he's older he'll need the extra portability to play at friends houses. With the age restriction it cuts a lot of the game options out anyway. At the moment he just wants to play Sackboy with his mate down the road lol

Here is the code if it’s helps anyone out:

U96B-EKGFXC-82SHB2

Your PlayStation console order entitles you to 25% off PlayStation Plus (12 Months).

How to redeem your code to purchase an PlayStation Plus 12 Month Membership for only £37.49 (instead of £49.99):

1. Go to the PlayStation Plus 12 Month detail page - Amazon product ASIN B00GUXZTAC
  2. Click on 'Place Order' or 'Add to Basket'
  3. At checkout, enter the promotional claim code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box.
  4. Complete your purchase within 14 days after receiving this email (received email on Wed 27th Jan)
  5. The savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page.
Cheers :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom