Is Popcorn Hour A-410 Still good?

raiky

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm owner of a PCH A-410, it's the only serious player I've had.

I think video and sound is great. However, I see no support at all from cloud media, such as new firmware and it has many bugs in fact. They just left us alone. This causes me a lot of distress, so I'm thinking of replacing it even though it has a good playback quality (which is really what matters).

Should I do it? I mean change it for something better, what is better?

I've seen this one: KDLinks A300, how does it compare except for the 4K?

If you can give me opinion I appreciate.
Thanks.
Raiky

I guess the answer to the question 'should I upgrade' is best answered by asking what it is you think is missing from the A400?

You are unlikely to get better PQ for upscaled SD footage due to the VXP processing. But if you have little SD media then that is obviously not an issue.
Do you currently have a 4K TV? If not then a 4K player will offer no benefit.

So if the A400 gives you all you want it to then I see no reason to upgrade, but if not then.........

Mark.

Maybe also say the bugs you are having issues with. There is no perfect player so always list what you want out of a player and what works/doesnt work for you.

Thanks Mark and hlite.

Yes, about what I'm missing, the only thing is that the device could be more responsive. Sometimes is not really reacting to the IR, the OS seems to be busy with something else (I'm not playing anything). It's degraded after a day or so. Perhaps I need to reset and reinstall everything again, cause I dont remember that it was like this when new.
I found that using the App from a tablet is a better solution instead of the IR.

For the Video and Audio quality I cannot complain, in fact, I'm quite happy. My movies are, almost all, full-hd and some 3D.

I believe you when you say there is no perfect player, so for the time being, considering I dont have a 4K tv, I will keep it :) I just need to maintain it a bit more. Some apps may be causing these degradation. So I will try to clean it and leave it like new.

Best Regards.
Ray

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom