1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Plasma viable for channels with Screen Logos

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sxw, Jul 1, 2003.

1. sxw

sxw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been reading many threads on Plasma vs LCD and am currently debating getting the Hitachi PD3200 or the Sharp Aquos 30". I must admit I prefer the picture on the Hitachi although it very hard to judge in stores.

However, as I primarily intend to use the screen to watch TV via cable, I am very concerned by the burn in issues associated with screen logos (dogs), I watch a lot of satelite and even BBC in uk displays logos.

I cannot find how long you can watch these channels before you are going burn the logo's into your screen. If you do are you covered by the warranty ? The manual says they can cause harm but offers no advice on how long you can watch them for? I cannot see the screen saver will help except create a blur burnt in?

I do not want to watch TV and be constantly worried. Should I forget the plasma and get LCD?

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers
    Si

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If you watch a variety of channels, and hit the back up button, then it shoudn't be a worry. The only times where I've heard of severe burn in is where a screen has been on the same static image for a few years - and any TV would have suffered from this too. General rule of thumb is to be careful in the first 100 hours.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have the 32PD3000 & watched the cricket all day on Sunday with static graphics that you can't turn off - left no hint of a mark at all - don't worry about it. And as for the Sharp ... yeuch

4. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problem.