Is Once Upon a Time in Mexico any good?

tony kop77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of going into town and buying this film as it is on the ads every 5 mins. My other questioun is do I need to have watched any of the previous 2 films Desperado and another film can't recall the name to understand what is going on?

Another film thinking of getting is the Italian job as that is hyped every 5 mins even though I saw it at the cinema and fell asleep for most of it. I normally go out for meal with friends then watch a film and find myself falling asleep in the cinema :boring:

I thought Once Upon a Time in Mexico was awful!

absolutely shocking and johnny depps part was so over hyped,i have no words to describe this film,oh yes i do ****E

utter bilge

Thanks guys, I saved my money instead for something decent to come along. I just bought new amp and speakers the other week and wanted a new film thought this might be ok.

The film is gorgeous to look at, great picture !!

However Salma Hayek is only in it for about 30 seconds!! Don't know how they can put her name 2nd on the credits!

The film is gorgeous to look at, great picture !!

Yes, buy PQ aside, is it any good? There's hundreds of movies out there that look terrific, but the content is tat.

Also thanks from me as well guys as i was quite set on getting this after hearing about jds performance

I think I will watch rollerball on sky tonight especially as it is in DD or I could finally watch Dog Soldiers, Donnie darko or one of the Indiana Jones films.
Dont know what to watch :(

RAIDERS all the way :)

I quite liked Once Upon A Time in Mexico :D

It's just a bit of fun. Quite funny, and sparse moments of action make it exciting. I can see why many would dislike it though, because it hardly stands up to a critical analysis. And was there any plot? ;)

Popcorn flick, that's all this is.

Originally posted by the_pauley
Yes, buy PQ aside, is it any good? There's hundreds of movies out there that look terrific, but the content is tat.

as per my first post in this thread....

I thought Once Upon a Time in Mexico was awful!

its not even a pop corn flick its absolute a**e plain and simple mate lol.how the hell they can 2 of the fittest women in cinema and you barely see them is beyond me.if this film was eye candy i would have wanted a lot more of mendez and hayek,2 fast 2 furious is the perfect example gorgeous on the eyes awesome on the ears complete waste of the brain lol.i really love no brain action films but MEXICO is outrageously bad.

Eva Mendes? Could she be any more of a fake tart? :thumbsdow

Salma though, criminally underused in this.

I like this film though, which seems to put me in a minority. Certainly superior to 2 Fast 2 Furious (I keep asking myself why I bought this :rolleyes: ). Anyway, Rodriguez always does a good commentary and his 10 minute film schools are great :D

And Silverback, are you the one that has had the R2 uncut Friday the 13th Special Edition for a looooooong time? If not, my mistake.

Originally posted by Darth_Fisto

And Silverback, are you the one that has had the R2 uncut Friday the 13th Special Edition for a looooooong time? If not, my mistake.

nope your mistake,and mendes is well fit :smashin:

o.u.a.t.i.m =crap

get desperado instead,its funnier and more stylish and more salma.

worst film if seen in a long time,and to think i wasted 2hrs bulb time on my pj.

traded it for daredevil,which was surprisingly good with fantastic dts soundtrack.

I reviewed this shambles of a movie last month: review is here

im an idiot,i read that review and still bought it:blush:

LOL:D Well at least I warned you...

its because i usually enjoy bad films and films that others hate.

like tomb raider 2 and f.a.t.f.2 i enjoyed both im ashamed to admit.

still its what makes us individuals and skint for wasting good money on bad films.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom