1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my TV progressive compatible?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by supercapman, Apr 10, 2005.

1. supercapman

supercapman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please be gentle as this is my first post here, I am a hifi buff and find anything AV complicated :rolleyes: My TV is a Sony KV-28FX60U and has an RGB input in the form of a scart socket.My DVD recorder (SonyRDR-GX300) has RGB phono outputs and has progressive scan, and today bought the appropriate RGB phono to scart cable.
    I switched the RGB out 'on' on the DVD player and plugged into telly, all I am getting is a green swirly mess come up, no signal.I tried the other 2 inputs on the telly with the same problematic results. Can anyone give me any ideas or am I barking up the wrong tree and will have to live without progressive scan :( .

Cheers SCM

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    being progressive and accepting a progressive signal are two different things but i dont think your TV can accept a progressive source

3. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    I think the RGB phono outputs on your DVD player are not actually RGB, but are indeed progressive component output and they are used to connect the DVD player to simular connections on a compatible TV. If you want to output RGB from your DVD player to your TV, you simply need a normal scart lead. This will allow you to play normal composite or RGB via the scart from your DVD to TV. Once plugged in, if you flick RGB on and off on the DVD menu, you should notice the difference.