Question Is my TV defective? Please Help!

LarryDv

Novice Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the Samsung 55J6300 "Curved" LED TV. I noticed that the backlight is too visible during football matches and in solid gray background. Looks like a darker borders around light squares.
OLe9yeY.jpg

LbEcl5U.jpg

And during rtings.com test videos it also appeared.
FUSFxoT.jpg

IgpODj9.jpg

In darker scenes i noticed faint lights emerging from both corners with the left one being the worse. It's horrible on movie mode with the left corner is blue and the right one is white!
pBGda1v.jpg

98dUSDG.jpg

And from the sides it's even more worse!
cNYnuOP.jpg

P.S. I took the pics both in dark and light in my room.

Is both of these problems normal in LED TVs?
1- The dark borders around the backlight
2- The lights emerging from corners "bleeds?"

If it's a defective i will get a refund hopefully and won't replace it.

Please help!
Thanks in advance.

Each LED TV has a different panel and different LED matrix, I believe this problem is across all the LCD TV. Mine for example, has a very good Backlight uniformity, without any visible clouding.

While it's hard to watch the issue in the shop (they usually don't allow you to use the remote to test the TV), I found it reliable to read reviews from respectable sites such as avforums or hdtvtest. From the rtings review you posted, I would expect the issue is common for JU6300.

You must try another TV - IMO.

I am on my 4th LCD TV from two different manufacturers sony and panasonic in the last 3 months since my plasma TV was broken by my child and all the TVs has issue with clouding and banding.

Yours does look bad and i presume watching the footie its more noticable as you have a solid colour with motion.

I would get it swapped/refunded as spending decent money on a tv with faults is not acceptable.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom