Is my TV broken? - The limitations of technology - article discussion

Ah, I see. Hence it has to use the sample-and-hold method! Thank you.

I believe that good articles like this one
should be put on the home page in cubicle characters
maybe forever and permanently ?
Thanks

Nicely put together, but nothing I was not aware of before now. When Oled gets better its a matter of time. It's 2016 lets see what happens. Any word on Dolby Vision? Now what will be the short comings of this tech, same as LCD?. I think we not far off from the perfect tv set. Lab rats & early adopters thanks for your help.:laugh:

Happy new year all!!

I've not noticed the issues with just above black on OLED television once calibrated. Odd this also wasn't found in the main OLED reviews where the sets were getting 9s & 10s.

I still have a Panasonic VT65 plasma, but will definitely be upgrading it to a Panasonic OLED after my experiences with them. Best television picture I've ever seen, and I've got a Kuro in the bedroom.

Reviews should always be taken with a pinch of salt....

Even good reviewers can get drawn into the nonsense surrounding new(ish) technology.

Let's not forget that review panels tend to be cherry picked....

Let's not forget that review panels tend to be cherry picked....
I would like some opinions on this although it is quite possible.

Makes sense to cherry pick review panels...

If you're trying to flog a 3000 quid tv, you will want to send out the best panel possible. They're not just going to send out a randomly picked set off the factory line..

I've worked in manufacturing (not technology related, however) and we always cherry picked review samples.

Is my TV broken , I've had it a couple of years without fault but now this in the bottom right corner.
20170419_122626.jpg

And the LEDs on the right hand side are now showing as individual spots of light.

20170419_122911.jpg

It's on warrenty and an engineer is coming round Saturday to have a look. The LEDs seem to be encroaching into the picture on a daily basis and are now showing in darker scenes. Tv was pro calibrated a couple of months after purchase and was fine all this time .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom