• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is my toshiba bust

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Docta teef said:
I ve had the tv in the living room for a few years now but the other morning i wouldnt come out of standby and whenever you pressed a button the timer light would come on

Are you referring to the standby led?
It's always a good idea to give the full model no taken from the rear label when asking for help.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Docta teef said:
Fair point its a 2877DB the extra led is not the standby led but an extra one (green) that i have never even noticed before.

If the green led is flashing it could just be a faulty "Frame" IC and probably worth getting fixed.

MidnightOwl

Established Member
I have an 36ZP48 that has a similar issue. If left in standby for a length of time the r/c standby switch-on button has no affect (or pressing one of the channel numbers for that matter). The green light (as described above) starts flashing. I need to manually switch the set off and then on again. Is this normal????:confused:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
MidnightOwl said:
I have an 36ZP48 that has a similar issue. If left in standby for a length of time the r/c standby switch-on button has no affect (or pressing one of the channel numbers for that matter). The green light (as described above) starts flashing. I need to manually switch the set off and then on again. Is this normal????:confused:

No...I would get it seen to if under warranty.

Docta teef

Established Member
That doesn t sound like a normal function id get it checked. As for me i think the plan may be look for a new set then point out to the other half that it could be repaired and go in the games room.

Unfortunatly that will mean if i dont buy a set with builting surround i will need to look into buying an amp and speakers, o am of course gutted:thumbsup:

MidnightOwl

Established Member
Belated update ...on what is now old Technology...

Had John Lewis tech team come out to inspect this problem and some dirty screen probs... they made a note of it and said if it gets worse to get back to them... there is still a couple of years left on warranty so will monitor it accordingly.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom