Is my TH-50PX70B broke? What can I do next?

E

extremeloot

Hi guys

Im new here,I wonder if anyone can help.
I bought my PANASONIC TH-50PX70B at the end of MAY (31st to be exact) ,and as from yesterday i have started to get green verticle lines on screen and today a blue one appeared.
I had sent the 5 year warranty off about 3 weeks ago and im still waiting for the paperwork.
Can i demand a new 1 from the shop?? It seems a bit crap if i have to have the thing repaired due to a product fault and its not even 3 months old.

Any 1 have any ideas,im not sure what to do next.

N

nickthegreat

yeah - you don't need a warranty (in anycase you have the standard 1yr warranty with the manufacturer) - you can have it replaced by the retailer under the sale of goods act: within the first 6 months it is up to them to prove that the fault was caused by you and not just shoddy goods. (goods have to be 'fit for purpose' under the sale of goods act - this covers you for 6 years)

Hope that helps.

Yep, just phone the retailer and tell them it's faulty.

Bob

E

extremeloot

cheers guys.

but does any1 actually know what these green lines are and why they have come up???

avfr3ak

Novice Member
Hi guys

Im new here,I wonder if anyone can help.
I bought my PANASONIC TH-50PX70B at the end of MAY (31st to be exact) ,and as from yesterday i have started to get green verticle lines on screen and today a blue one appeared.
I had sent the 5 year warranty off about 3 weeks ago and im still waiting for the paperwork.
Can i demand a new 1 from the shop?? It seems a bit crap if i have to have the thing repaired due to a product fault and its not even 3 months old.

Any 1 have any ideas,im not sure what to do next.
I don´t think you can demand a new one if the fault can be fixed. The manufacturer always has the right to try to fix the product´s fault. If a fix is not possible, you have the right to get a replacement. Of course this doesn´t mean that the retailer still wouldn´t give you a replacement, though.

doobds

Novice Member
I don´t think you can demand a new one if the fault can be fixed. The manufacturer always has the right to try to fix the product´s fault. If a fix is not possible, you have the right to get a replacement. Of course this doesn´t mean that the retailer still wouldn´t give you a replacement, though.
I agree with avfr3ak - your rights seem to lessen after the first 28 days and if they choose not to replace it/stick to the letter of the law, then you will probably have to let them take the lead on this. i think it is pants though and all this "in the first 6 months business, they must replace" in practice is pie in the sky unfortunately - I still think the consumer laws in this country are very weak, no matter what people say as large comapnies know that most consumers will squeal a bit, but then give up on their rights as it is so time consuming and can be expensive to follow to the bitter end. i bet i have stirred up a can of worms with this reply though!

SlinkDaddy

Novice Member
The last 2 posts are correct they don't have to replace it in the first 6 months. The 6 months only comes up with regards to burden of proof in relation to whether the fault is caused by the consumer or a defect with the product that existed from new.

The sale of goods act states that you are only entitled to a refund within a reasonable amount of time. if your product developes a fault. Although there is no set guideline on timescale it is normally taken to be 28 days in cases like this.

I know a repair seems harsh and i understand why people aren't happy with one but a TV is a serviceable item just like a car is, if it comes back good as new and promptly then i'd be happy if i were you mate. If you make your point sternly but calmly you may get an exchange but you are not entitled to one, it is at the discression of the retailer.

hickbo

Hi guys there is another thread on here somewhere about poeple going
into currys and seeing these lines on the panasonic 50px70 i seen it myself
and comented on it in the thread. The reason i am posting again is that my mate has a th-50px70 and the same thing has just happened to him:thumbsdow.
I think this is to much of a coincidence to be isolated problem i think
in the next couple of monthes we are going to see a lot more of this problem

E

extremeloot

Ive got a brand new 1 coming on Monday .

I asked the engineer what causes it as it was the 3rd case he had seen in that model and he didnt know.

Does any1 actually know what causes it.

At time of writing this there is 5 green and 2 verticle lines on the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom