Is My Sony DVP-NS900V getting too long in the tooth

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Hawklord, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    As above really. Although I'm very happy with it's performance with movies and sacd I'm just wandering wether the new players on the market (with newer technology) will give substantial improvements on PQ and sound?
    What players are around that will be an improvement over the sony and what sort of budget are we talking about? My budget as a rough guide would be <£500.

2. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hawklord, I use this player and still think it is a solid piece of kit though I bought a Panasonic S75 yesterday to dub from RAM.
    I heard it was a good player from this site but needed the RAM and bought it MR for £125, a lot less than the 900 did a couple of years ago.
    Messing about with it I find the picture to be more natural than the Sony, more film like and the player's GUI is easier to use.
    It will do NTSC p/scan but I cannot use that yet.
    As a major Sony user I would like to have tried the 930 as it has 2 scarts, PAL+NTSC p/scan , but unfortunately no RAM, why not take a look at that?
    Ged

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    I think I'll hold onto to it for a while longer and possibly replace with a dvd recorder sometime next year.