• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is my Sony DSC p12 really this bad!

dazred

Standard Member
hi all,as you may have gathered by the title,i'm having
a little trouble with my camera.
I bought this sony dsc p12 off Ebay just over a month ago,
and was pleased with the price(£51).the camera was delivered,
and ever since then i've only been able to take maybe 10
photo's that weren't blurred or very dark,but the main
problem is the blurriness.(is that a word?!)
As i say,there have been pics that turned out fine,so i
know the camera work's,it's just that almost every pic has some kind of blur,either minor or severe.
Could someone perhaps give me some pointers as to what settings i could try.I was looking forward to taking some pic's,but so far just frustration.
here's a link to sony's website detailing the camera.
thanx in advance everyone...Daz.

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProd...e=Main&category=DCC+Digital+Still+Cameras#tab

belfastblitz

Established Member
Worth checking to see what MODE you are shooting in. The camera has a slow shutter setting and may also have MACRO setting too.

Both these would give blurred shots.

Best thing is to try and set everything back to standard settings... but change one thing at a time and take a shot after each to make sure you know what it was that gave you the problem !!

lightpainter

Established Member
Have you tried it set up for fully auto?
It’s impossible to analyze a photo if you don’t post one!

bowenjones

Prominent Member
Bear in mind too that your camera doesn't have any image stabilization so even the slightest camera shake will result in a blurry picture (especially at this time of year when the light is poor resulting in slower shutter speeds).

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom