Is my Sky HD box dead? Buzzing and no picture.

Luc

Standard Member
Last night my HD box decided to turn itself off and emit a buzzing sound from the left hand side - unplugged, waited a couple of minutes, plugged it back in and all was well, until... Woke up this morning to find it doing the same thing, and was very hot to the touch. The red power LED is on, but it won't boot up this time, after about 1/2 an hour of being unplugged. Is it dead? Has anyone resurrected one from this state before?

.Griff.

Sounds like the PSU is shot. I guess it's refusing to come out of standby due to a safety cut out.

RichardJ

Exactly the same problem with my Thomson box, although it lasted since HD first came out so I can't complain really. If its outside of warranty then just ring Sky up and for £65 they'll swap your box out and you may get a brand new Pace box to replace it as I did.

Luc

Standard Member
Thanks - that's what I did in the end - it was an original Thompson box from launch too, so it's lasted, what, 4 years? No TV until Tuesday though... :(

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom