Is my setup compromised?

jBonde

Novice Member
Due to the thickness of the HDMI plug on the end of the cable I was unable to fish it down the dot and dab wall that my TV is mounted on.

The only way I was able to get a cable down was by using an HDMI (into the TV) to MiniHDMI cable and then putting an HDMI adapter on the end to go into the AVR.

Is this likely to compromise my setup at all?

Thanks.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
HDMI either works or it doesn't. If the picture is free of sparklies or other artefacts, it's not being degraded in any way.

There's no error correction or anything else that can bring about small improvements to video or sound. All the rubbish you see about "Deeper colour" or "More detail" is a load of bollocks.

If the picture is reliable, you will be totally fine :)

jBonde

Novice Member
Great, thanks for the response.

It all seems fine (nothing there that shouldn't be - or at least as far as I can tell!) just wondered whether the preference would be to use a single cable rather than one with an adapter on the end - but from what you say sounds like that's fine.

Cheers!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
As nosieboy72 says if it is working it is working - where you can hit issues is with longer cables when you try and push 4K UHD over a multi-part cable run.

Joe

jBonde

Novice Member
As nosieboy72 says if it is working it is working - where you can hit issues is with longer cables when you try and push 4K UHD over a multi-part cable run.

Joe
The run is only 2-3 metres so sounds like I’m unlikely to run into any issues longer term either (not currently utilising 4K UHD).

Thanks