1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Sanyo really dead?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MisterB42, Jan 10, 2005.

1. MisterB42

MisterB42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sanyo PLC-XU30 seems to have passed away...

It did have problems when I switched it on. When in stand-by (led's are burning) it will only come on for about 3 seconds before powering down completely (no more leds burning). I would then have to remove the powercable, wait a few secs, then plug in again and (leds burning again) power on. Usually it would then power up normally.

However, now it will not even come into standby anymore. When I plug it in, I can hear it making "contact", but nothing happens (no leds or anything).

Anybody got a clue on what might be causing the problem? I took it apart (well, not entirely) and it all looked dandy. But I'm no electronics expert, so if it aint black it seems ok to me ;) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. AlfaKhan

AlfaKhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    ...The exact same problem with my previous owned PLV30.

The repair consisted of replacing a faulty item associated with the PSU (ref 405 140 3704) and a diode (ref 407 174 2302).

The repair was done at Sanyo Portugal at a cost of 100.16 EUR (app 70 GBP).

Do you permanently leave the unit plugged into mains? I did. They build the damn things without an ON/OFF main switch and I grew lazy enough to turn it off at the UPS unit I bought.

With permanent power applied (even if only in STBY) for about 3 years straight, something was bound to give... :rolleyes:

AK

3. MisterB42

MisterB42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot!
    Good to hear you had the same problem and got it solved for not too much cash :thumbsup:
    With your detailed description, I might get it fixed soon!

And yeah, I left it plugged in as well :cool: